Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Dream come true

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from Wisconsin.

I have wanted an all -electric car since I was a kid. I currently have a Ford CMax-Energi (PHEV) and can't wait to not ever buy gas again!

Tesla Model 3
3/31 online res.
4/18 invite & config
??? Vin
??? Delivery

JMonroe
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Long Range Battery
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • Black Interior
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • Premium Upgrades
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels

I travel a lot, and sometimes with coworkers, so we drive rental cars all the time. It's funny when some of the guys get one of the engines that shut down when at a traffic light. They usually bitch and complain about it.
I agree with them, I hate it too.
Except that I hate that the engine ever starts, full electric is so much better.
We're about to become a two EV family. We've been 1+1 for three years. The only issue is what we do with the grocery store gas points!

Reactions: emorog
Hah! Yep, I avoid having the engine come on at all.
(Long trips aside) It currently comes on if it's
  • too hot
  • too cold
  • dreaded Oil Maintenance Mode (something about the engine has been off too long and needs to cycle the oil)
Every time one of those hits me I curse the motor and dream of the day that it can't do it to me because there is only a battery!

It could also come on if I kept gas in the tank over 18 months. So far that hasn't happened, as I do need heat in the winter. :D