Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV industry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1693929334074.png

Some republicans concerned about Ford's battery deal with Chinese.
Quote:
A group of 26 Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee are probing billion-dollar U.S. automaker Ford Motor Company over its partnership with Chinese battery firm Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL).

The GOP lawmakers — led by Energy and Commerce Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., and Energy and Commerce Oversight Subcommittee Chair Morgan Griffith, R-Va. — expressed concern in a letter to Ford CEO Jim Farley on Friday that the company's recent deal with CATL may pose a national security risk.

"While Ford has labeled this project a 'commitment to American manufacturing' and asserts it will create 2,500 new American jobs, we are concerned that Ford’s partnership with a Chinese company could aid China’s efforts to expand its control over United States electric vehicle supply chains and jeopardize national security by furthering dependence on China," the Republicans stated in their letter.

"We seek to learn more about whether this partnership, and others like it, will potentially exacerbate our reliance on China. Should China gain control of domestic electric vehicle production, the United States would be exposed to serious national security risks at a time of escalating geopolitical tensions," they added.

MICHIGAN EV PLANT'S OWNER PROMOTES CHINESE COMMUNIST IDEOLOGY AT WORKER RETREATS: REPORT

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, is pictured during a hearing on March 23. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
In February, Ford announced it would invest $3.5 billion to build a lithium iron phosphate battery plant — to supply its growing electric vehicle manufacturing — in Marshall, Michigan, creating 2,500 new jobs. As part of the announcement, the U.S. automaker said it had reached an agreement with CATL to manufacture the battery cells at the plant using services provided by the Chinese company.

Xxxx, I grew up getting indoctrinated with that BS every day growing up behind the Iron Curtain, Radio Free Europe, BBC, and VOA on short wave every night helped our family keep our sanity. As young as 8yo parents would scare me never to talk about what we talk outside or Big Brother would take them away.

Although Fox News, if true, to hear this happening in the USA makes me want to travel and find the commie bastard who staged the above event on American soil and watch him die choking on his CCP party ticket (small passport type red clad document certifying membership in Marx/Engels/Lenin styled organizations).

Nissan to sell small electric car in Japan for $14K, with 112 mile range.
Quick spin: Nissan Sakura EV highlights what America is missing - I did take a look when I was at Nissan HQ at end of October.

1. China: expect about 11.5 million new EVs will be sold, a 44% share of all new car sales.
  2. China is dominant in the global EV sector, accounting for 69% of all new EV sales in December
1708539505294.png

Reactions: dhrivnak
How times have changed. Autoline daily 80% is about EVs in this episode:
0:00 Germany Bleeding ICE Jobs
1:07 VW, Renault, Stella Talk About Joining Forces
2:08 Autos Pushing Down U.S. Inflation Rate
3:13 Ford Slashes Mach-E Prices
3:50 EV Battery Prices Dropping Fast
5:03 No, Cybertruck Doesn’t Rust
6:01 Germany Cuts Truck EV Incentives
6:47 J.D. Power Could Sell For $8 Billion
7:24 GM Stops Colorado/Canyon Sales Over Software
8:09 Rivian Says $48,000 Is Sweet Spot for EVs

BYD receiving $3.7B dollars in government subsidies is a big reason why Tesla stock is down.

tesla charging network is brilliant - musk can refuse chinese ev s on his network...

Reactions: DanCar