Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV sales service center coming to Vancouver WA.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla ranger service was here yesterday to fix my trunk latch. Turned out to be an atypical failure, but he replaced both parts that fail and it's good now.

He had stopped by the Vancouver service center to charge before coming out here and he said there are three techs working there now. I thought they might be working to prep cars for delivery and he thought that was probably the case. In any case the service bays are in operation, but with a minimal staff.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Tesla ranger service was here yesterday to fix my trunk latch. Turned out to be an atypical failure, but he replaced both parts that fail and it's good now.

He had stopped by the Vancouver service center to charge before coming out here and he said there are three techs working there now. I thought they might be working to prep cars for delivery and he thought that was probably the case. In any case the service bays are in operation, but with a minimal staff.
That make sense because because he said they were slowly bringing techs over from other stores

Reactions: wdolson
My car is currently stuck at the Vancouver SC. I took it in yesterday and it was supposed to be ready today, but the snow has delayed things. Not that I would be getting out to pick it up. We're close enough to the Cascades that we got a dump of snow. Last I measured it was about 9 inches.

They gave me a loaner Y which was nice. While I was waiting for them to process the loaner I was talking to the woman in the sales side and she said most of the techs at the Vancouver SC came from Macadam. When the opportunity presented itself to move to an easier to get to SC, a lot jumped ship and moved.

There were a lot of cars there. I believe the storage spot for all of the Northwest for used and excess cars has been in Seattle. I think they are using Vancouver as the storage place for Portland. They do have more open space than the Macadam location.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
They're also using a corner of the old Sears parking lot at Washington Square; there's easily a hundred cars there.

Maybe they're new inventory? Looking at Tesla's site everything but the Model Y is available Feb-Apr. The Model Y availability is Mar-Apr. There were rumors Tesla had unsold cars late last year as the wait times got much shorter. There may still be extra cars available.

I guess Tesla doesn't sell used cars anymore. I haven't looked in years, but there used to be a link on the website for certified pre-owned cars. I don't see a link on the website anymore.

Maybe they're new inventory? Looking at Tesla's site everything but the Model Y is available Feb-Apr. The Model Y availability is Mar-Apr. There were rumors Tesla had unsold cars late last year as the wait times got much shorter. There may still be extra cars available.

I guess Tesla doesn't sell used cars anymore. I haven't looked in years, but there used to be a link on the website for certified pre-owned cars. I don't see a link on the website anymore.
They definitely still sell used cars, along with new inventory and demo vehicles

Here’s a used one

Except model Y. Prices have started to go back up again and estimated delivery dates are moving out again.
Yes, the effect of pricing on sales volume is on a model by model basis. Y prices should be a little higher than they are today and model 3 prices should be a little lower.

Tesla is in a learning curve on how to manage this. In the past they could sell everything they made. Today they need to also learn how to make more of what sells well. In the meantime, while they are learning they end up having inventory setting on various parking lots like Vancouver.

Yes, the effect of pricing on sales volume is on a model by model basis. Y prices should be a little higher than they are today and model 3 prices should be a little lower.

Tesla is in a learning curve on how to manage this. In the past they could sell everything they made. Today they need to also learn how to make more of what sells well. In the meantime, while they are learning they end up having inventory setting on various parking lots like Vancouver.
I haven’t been to the Vancouver location in about 10 days but what I saw there was a lot of used cars that looked to be awaiting service or used sale. Didn’t see any new inventory ten days ago.

The beauty of the no dealership model is Tesla can change pricing on the fly to adjust for market demand and inventory much easier.

They definitely still sell used cars, along with new inventory and demo vehicles

Here’s a used one

I looked on the site yesterday but I guess I missed that. They've also sold the demo vehicles. The woman in the sales center said they had just sold their demo Model S and they would have to get a new one soon.

I haven’t been to the Vancouver location in about 10 days but what I saw there was a lot of used cars that looked to be awaiting service or used sale. Didn’t see any new inventory ten days ago.

The beauty of the no dealership model is Tesla can change pricing on the fly to adjust for market demand and inventory much easier.

In the investor world there is talk of Tesla starting a price war on EVs and the rest of the market is adjusting to try and keep up.

I managed to pick up my car today. We got a foot of snow here and getting out yesterday would have been an experience. It's a good thing I decided not to go, about the time I would have left they closed I-205 for a few hours for deicing.

I asked about all the cars there and the woman who was helping me said that the vast majority of them are new cars awaiting delivery.

I experienced a fully cold soaked battery. The energy meter showed warnings for acceleration limited as well as no regen braking. I had no regen at all for half the trip home. I eventually got a little bit, but the battery never fully warmed up.

I like the new service center. Easier to get to than Macadam and the place has some parking around the building.

Reactions: 1965Falcon