Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Truck Measured Bed Sizes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
It's actually kind of hard to find good information on physical bed sizes for the different EV trucks. As we have a lot of EV owners here, I thought maybe we could create a thread. I've got measurements for my 2023 F-150 Lightning bed I'll post. Would be nice to also see Rivian, Cybertruck, and any others we can manage.

Bed dimensions can be a little tricky, as there are wheel humps, and certain walls of the bed may have slopes or other strange shapes (I believe the Cybertruck back wall is sloped) so much detail as possible would be helpful.

I'll include my measurements in feet and inches. E.G. 5 feet 4 inches would be 5' 4". I'll round to nearest inch, but I'll probably round roughly half inches down just to be conservative.

F-150 Lightning (2023 Model) Bed Dimensions:

Width:
- In between wheel humps: 4' 2"
- Edge to edge (inner edges of bed walls): 5' 2"
- On the F-150, there is also a slightly narrower bit between the front of the bed and the front of the wheel humps due to some slope on the wall; that width is: 4' 10" at it's narrowest at the bottom

Length:
- Bottom of bed front to bottom of tailgate: 5' 7"
- Top of bed front to top of tailgate: 5' 5"

Depth/Height:
- fairly consistent 1' 9"

If you have measurements for a Cybertruck or Rivian, post them for reference. This isn't meant for ****posting. It's just an informational reference for people who would like to know the real bed sizes of each truck.

Yay! Someone actually measured the Cybertruck bed. JerryRigEverything on YouTube posted a video about hauling a snowmobile where he measures the bed. The video is here:

Cybertruck (2024 Model) Bed Dimensions:

Width:
- In between wheels at bottom: 4' 2"
- Edge to edge (at top): 4' 10"

Length:
- Bottom of bed front to bottom of tailgate: 6' 1"
- Top of bed front to top of tailgate: 5' 6"

Depth/Height:
- Not measured

Surprisingly really similar to the F-150, but with a little more length at the bottom which might be nice if you are trying to haul just a handful of 6' boards.