Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever wonder with the sound system subwoofer looks like?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always wondered what the subwoofer box they made actually looked like. stumbled on this.

12 13 14 12 14 Tesla Model s Subwoofer | eBay

$_57.JPG

$_57 (1).JPG

$_57 (2).JPG

$_57 (3).JPG

$_57 (4).JPG

$_57 (7).JPG

$_57 (8).JPG

$_57 (9).JPG

$_57 (10).JPG

$_57 (11).JPG

Attachments

• $_57 (5).JPG
    $_57 (5).JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 922
  • $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (6).JPG
    338.7 KB · Views: 923
I was just thinking about taking mine out and putting a real sub in after listening to some songs that should rumble a bit more at lower Hz. The footwell area would be awesome with 2 killer 12"s and use the side areas for the ports. But that would be more than I want to to for a permanent set up.

interesting how the wire is run for the speaker

- - - Updated - - -

where is it in the car? I don't think mine is working....

rear right side w/ sound studio
if you have a 'hole' where you can put a charge cable, etc. on the right side, like the left has, then there is no sub. Carpeting is different in the cars with different sound options

I find it interesting it was made in Hungary!

Zex, Reus Systems did some audio work on my car and I have a 10" sub in the factory location and another 10" removable sub enclosure in the footwell. I believe the factory sub is an 8" one. The removable enclosure is great as it allows me to keep that whole footwell space if I want to have the kids in the back (we have the 3rd row) or just need some extra space for something. There is a quick release cable to the footwell sub that is super easy to connect and disconnect.

It can definitely thump now, but two 12"s in the footwell with the side areas for ports would be heavy duty!

I find it interesting it was made in Hungary!

Zex, Reus Systems did some audio work on my car and I have a 10" sub in the factory location and another 10" removable sub enclosure in the footwell. I believe the factory sub is an 8" one. The removable enclosure is great as it allows me to keep that whole footwell space if I want to have the kids in the back (we have the 3rd row) or just need some extra space for something. There is a quick release cable to the footwell sub that is super easy to connect and disconnect.

It can definitely thump now, but two 12"s in the footwell with the side areas for ports would be heavy duty!

can you take pics of your system? I'd love to see the removable system

I have seen and heard Blurry's system. If I was to get an audio upgrade, that is exactly what I would do. It has notably more punch than my Tesla "UHF" sound system, didn't mess up the middle, and is generally hidden and out of the way with an easy way to remove the extra sub completely if you need to use the trunk well. I don't have audiophile ears, but from a usability and punch standpoint I would recommend it highly.

..It can definitely thump now, but two 12"s in the footwell with the side areas for ports would be heavy duty!

that was one of my first thoughts when I saw the rear of the S. I always have looked at/changed car audio and stereos in every car I have owned.

Did The Reus guys do anything to your A pillar Speakers? These ones sound terrible when they play bass notes and I think that will be the first thing I change if I start doing anything to the sound.
also is the removable speaker amped? or is there an extra amp in the car? or did they add a sound processing system and leave the stock speakers? curious thanks

snow is coming, Might need to get up to Hood soon. WA is just a few miles more