Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive battery drain....I think

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t driven my MS for 3 days but battery has drained 38 miles or more 14% of what I left it charged at. It’s running software version 2020.16.2.1and like older models there is no settings for energy savings. Am I missing something or is losing 12-13 miles overnight in spring weather normal? It’s a 2020 MS LR and now says LR plus in the display.

It may be that Tesla has upgraded your car to the + model. Perhaps it newly configured your battery range and that could be the reason for the reduction in miles shown. Perhaps not the batteries that have degraded, but just a new way of stating range with the new + configuration.

Plug it back in and charge to 90%. See how it holds then.

Reactions: Zer0t
Keep it plugged in while you’re not driving. This is best practice and what the owners manual recommends. Set your charge limit to 90% or less and the car will take care of itself.

Enjoy the new ride!

I agree. I typically lose 1 or 2 miles per day when not driving my 2018 MCU2 MS. I usually leave it plugged in except after taking a new software update then I will unplug for a day or two. When leaving it plugged in and set to 80% charge, the software will not automatically charge a few miles every night, but will charge when it drops below a threshold (seems to be about another 10% or so lower) except when a new software update is installed and then it always resets to charge the next night even if just below 80%.

Reactions: Zer0t