Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive vibration after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my car after getting panel gaps and front fender paint corrected. On my way home on the highway, I noticed considerably more vibration than when I dropped off the vehicle. Starts being noticeable at 60mph, at 75mph, it's bad. I thought it was the wind last night, but I drove it to work this morning and same thing.

Body shop automatically called a nearby tire place to check if there are anything loose. Nothing loose, so safe to drive home. The tech that checked said it feels like the front right wheel is slightly off even at low speed. Suggested to take it to Tesla to get wheel rebalanced which I will do tomorrow.

Anyone else have any suggestions on what's going on? I check under the wheels, those nuts are there. But when I picked this up on delivery, they did a rebalance since my steering wheel was off.

Just want to know if anyone experienced this. Just want ideas so I can tell them tomorrow.

You said they did a rebalance since the wheel was off. Did they actually do an alignment?

Have them check the alignment. Here is my factory alignment - before and after. Tesla did the alignment at the service center and gave me this:

Alignment.jpg

Reactions: Balthezor
You said they did a rebalance since the wheel was off. Did they actually do an alignment?

Have them check the alignment. Here is my factory alignment - before and after. Tesla did the alignment at the service center and gave me this:

View attachment 596549

Ok thank you. I will mention that. Thing is, I don't remember it vibrating this match after delivery. Only after panel gaps, front fender was fixed.