Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exchanging my 1 yr old AP1 90D for a facelift AP2 on Thursday...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It exactly the same spec except for the addition of the sound upgrade. That includes air suspension, cold weather, sunroof, 21in wheels, next gen seats.

So if anyone wants me to take any photos or make any notes to compare the two cars let me know before Thursday and I'll do it :)

Cheers

Ian

It exactly the same spec except for the addition of the sound upgrade. That includes air suspension, cold weather, sunroof, 21in wheels, next gen seats.

So if anyone wants me to take any photos or make any notes to compare the two cars let me know before Thursday and I'll do it :)

Cheers

Ian

If you don't mind, take a few pictures of the differences of the seats. I sat in an X, but they appear to have different headrests. I've got a new one on order now that I've settled with insurance for my last one which was written off. Thanks!

Cheers

Ian
Did you do a AP-1 trade-in with Tesla and new purchase of the AP-2?
How much depreciation did you need to absorb? If you don't mind the question.....

Did you do a AP-1 trade-in with Tesla and new purchase of the AP-2?
How much depreciation did you need to absorb? If you don't mind the question.....

I took about £16k depreciation on 30,000 miles (plus all wheels were kerbed - really struggle with the width of the car and the way the tyres don't protect the wheels - nightmare in London car parks!)

Also got a good deal on the new one, made the cut for the free Supercharging and before the 2017 price increase.

Just picked the new car up - two annoying problems with door trim and fit (which I had pointed out to them on inspection three weeks ago and Simon Swain the service manager at Tesla Crawley, UK had promised to fix before delivery but didn't - I'm still annoyed about that) but overall the build quality seems a level above my previous MS - much quieter and everything seems a little more solid. With 22 miles on the clock I had no AP at all, but it's just come on after a stop and total of around 50 miles. Looking forward to see how that improves and 8.1 when it comes out.

If you don't mind, take a few pictures of the differences of the seats. I sat in an X, but they appear to have different headrests. I've got a new one on order now that I've settled with insurance for my last one which was written off. Thanks!
Sorry! Didn't see this message before I exchanged today. My impression though is the leather is a bit more luxurious (I.e. Thicker and more comfortable) - maybe new car syndrome though! Certainly the leather on the steering wheel is thicker and the heated steering wheel more effective (used to get very hot, then cool down, now seems more gentle up to a comfortable temperature).

Reactions: TrevTremaine