Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected Lifetime of a Home Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TWC warranty is 12 months unless fitted by a Tesla approved installer in which case it is 4 years. It must be attached to your Tesla account.

In my experience, Tesla approved installer prices are significantly higher than than a non Tesla installer price such that you could probably buy a TWC or two as a spare with the money saved.
I wish I had known that! I had a quote from the recommended supplier on the Tesla website but went with the local alternative shop which was charging a similar amount but I liked the person.

I had an untethered Polar charger fitted in 2014 (fully funded by a £1k grant at that time!). It was used from 2014-2016 for a BMW i3 company car. I then changed jobs and didn’t have access to a car scheme and went back to ICE cars. I switched off the charger at the main switch so its sat idle since 2016. Then this year my current employer launched a new salary sacrifice scheme. Since March I’ve had a Model 3 LR and recently a new Zoe ZE50. The Polar charger still works flawlessly and is in use most nights!