Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unreliable charging using Intelligent Octopus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had straightforward charging issues on Zappi scheduled overnight boosts. I have a sneaky feeling that 2024.2.x is the culprit.
My charge starts and stops several times and eventually continues to completion. On one occasion it didn’t. It signalled to my Zappi that charge was complete.

I though that I had this too, but still 2023.44.x - after further investigation, turns out it was probably a comms/API issue.

How do you know the car stopped and started several times?

I noticed this in TeslaFi so thought that it was the charge that had stopped. But investigation of the charge log showed an API timeout, and a couple of polls skipped so not indicating charging. TeslaFi translated this into a brief stop/start charge.

My homebrew electricity logger showed no evidence of charge stopping during that period so I am pretty confident that the stop/start was a phantom event due to TeslaFi handling of the transient API timeout/intermittent polling.

I just set scheduled charge to start at 1130pm. It always charges fully well before 530am as we're standard range.

I'm still on intelligent as far as i know. I've just never bothered adding the car as a device again. Now that we're coming into living solely on solar and powerwall I'm unlikely to remember until autumn