Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience getting Tesla service far from service center (specifically Front Royal, VA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

A family member is thinking of buying a Model Y. He lives half way up a state-maintained dirt road off a well-paved road outside Front Royal, VA (for those who know the area). The nearest service center is in Sterling, VA, a 60 mile drive.

If he buys the Tesla, what should he expect, service wise? Obviously, certain things would require getting the car into Sterling, by flatbed, if necessary. But, does Tesla mobile service even travel that far out from a service center? Are there distance or other limitations to something like that for him to be aware of?

Thanks!

Todd

PS. If you live in the Front Royal area and own a Tesla, I'd love to hear your experience getting it any service you've needed. Thanks!

I am in Harrisonburg and now have the choice of Sterling, Tyson's Corner, and Richmond, all are within a 2-hour drive. I have had it serviced at the Richmond service center on prior occasions (cosmetic and charge port latch), and my Model 3 is currently now at the Sterling service center. They gave me a loaner even though I am out of warranty. So far Sterling seems like a good option for service.

Upvote 0