Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with 255/40R19 tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYLR that came with the Continental ProContact RX - Size: 255/45R19.

I really like the Michelin CrossClimate tires as I've used them in my other EV (e-Golf) and I absolutely love those tires.

However, they don't make them in the same exact size as OEM. They do offer the Michelin CrossClimate 2 255/40R19 size which seems to be able to fit as the rims have a width of 9.5" and are XL rated

Has anyone used this tire size on their stock 19" rims?

They come in 235/50R19 which is closer to the OEM diameter, but doubtful that will fit on the stock rim. Some of us have put them on 8.5" aftermarket wheels.
I just put that size on my Y and seems OK so far. The sidewall looks vertical (unlike when people cheap out and put undersize tires on their rims) and the tread width seems to be the same width as the rim but a pinch narrower than the hubcap. It certainly won't protect the wheel from curb rash. Wheel Works didn't make a fuss about its slightly narrower recommended rim width.

I was pleased by the "CrossClimate SUV" tires we had on our Q7 that I sold when we got the Y.
I was temped by the 255/50ZR19 CrossClimate SUV for the Y but its diameter is a full inch larger. I don't mind the 1/2" extra ground clearance but the speed would read almost 4% low - does anyone know if there is a setting in the "service menus" that could correct for that?

Last edited: