Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Express Pick-up Delivery Process in TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled to pick up my new Y this coming Monday. I was already stressed out with all of the posts about quality issue posts and others refusing delivery. To add to my stress level, Tesla emailed me today saying that they have a new delivery process due to COVID-19 call express pick-up. This express pick-up delivery requires me to accept delivery from my Tesla account before I can even access the interior of the car.

This is crazy considering all of the issues they are having. Has anyone out there already gone through this process? Is there really no way for us to access the interior before accepting delivery?

Sounds like they are really hiding behind COVID for this one.

There’s no excuse for not opening up the car for you to inspect. No other dealer is doing this. If things are really that unsafe they should not be producing or selling vehicles.

Reactions: TxBound
In Texas you have to pay for the car before they even ship it into the state. (My delivery is on the 28th to Houston) Reading the MVPA, it says the transaction is done in California and title transferred to you before it even gets to Texas. I'm not sure we even have the option of refusing delivery. We might just have the 7 day window to return. Not being able to see the inside of the car before the last bit of paperwork seems like a minor point if that is the case.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I haven't seen a definitive answer one way or the other.

Reactions: TxBound
In Texas you have to pay for the car before they even ship it into the state. (My delivery is on the 28th to Houston) Reading the MVPA, it says the transaction is done in California and title transferred to you before it even gets to Texas. I'm not sure we even have the option of refusing delivery. We might just have the 7 day window to return. Not being able to see the inside of the car before the last bit of paperwork seems like a minor point if that is the case.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I haven't seen a definitive answer one way or the other.
You may be right on the money. I bet that a return is our only option in Texas.

You may be right on the money. I bet that a return is our only option in Texas.
From my sales rep: "As for the whole accept delivery thing, yes you do have to accept it so that it will show up in your Tesla app, but this is reversible on the day of. If you were to walk around the car and feel like you don’t want to accept it, just let them know and they can unmark it as deliverable. My suggestion would be to take a bunch of pictures the day you go to pick it up so that if you do notice anything later on when you’re at home, you have pictures showing the problems while it was still parked in front of the service centers. We’ll always do our best to fix any issues you may notice with the vehicle later on down the road.

Worse case of course is the 7 day/1000 mile return policy in which case we will refund all your money except for the initial order deposit."

Reactions: KRG21
Relax! There is no forum that you can read on anything and not think that thing isn’t garbage...

Have you downloaded the Tesla app yet? There is nothing cooler than when your car shows in your app as you are approaching the delivery center. The last one we picked up we did the paper work in the Tesla and drove off about 10 minutes after arriving! Best delivery experience ever!

what version did you get? Even the LR is quicker than any other car your will have driven. It’s so much fun to drive a Tesla.

what color? The minimalist design is so great! You will love the view over the hood as it just falls away from you. The glass roof is amazing too!

Get pumped up! You are getting a Tesla!

If you don’t like it after after a few days they will take it back!

congrats!

• Disagree
Reactions: glide