Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Service Agreement No longer charging $500 more?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chopr147

Apr 3, 2016
Wantagh, NY
Extended Service Agreement No longer charging $500 more? This is from Tesla website. Only 2 weeks ago I checked into it for a 2 year extension ,the price was $2100 or $2600 after 30 days from delivery, something to that effect. (Forget the exact wording) I am buying out my lease and technically it would be delivered then (into my name) and asked Tesla if I would pay $2100. As usual I never really get a straight answer. Happy to see it is now $2100 w/o any mention of delivery time. Just this:
"30 days or 1,000 miles / 1,600 km after your New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires."

Extended Service Agreements (Choose one)
After your New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires, an Extended Service Agreement offers protection against defects in materials or workmanship of parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla. Extended Service Agreements can be purchased up to 30 days or 1,000 miles / 1,600 km after your New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires. 24/7 Roadside Assistance is covered during your Extended Service Agreement period.

• 2-Year Extended Service Agreement
    2 years/25,000 miles of coverage after the New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires
    Learn more

$2,100

• 4-Year Extended Service Agreement
    4 years/50,000 miles of coverage after the New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires
    Learn more

$4,250

I sign into my Tesla account, hit "manage", scroll to ESA and the only option is $2100. Definitely was different 3 weeks ago. Just did it again and yes, $2100.
I'm not complaining.
I was going to go back and forth with Tesla over "delivery" since buying out the lease is technically delivered to ME after the lease ends. I would rather not have that back and forth with a company known for miscommunication issues. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Patrick W
I sign into my Tesla account, hit "manage", scroll to ESA and the only option is $2100. Definitely was different 3 weeks ago. Just did it again and yes, $2100.
I'm not complaining.
I was going to go back and forth with Tesla over "delivery" since buying out the lease is technically delivered to ME after the lease ends. I would rather not have that back and forth with a company known for miscommunication issues. :)

Ah yes. One has to fist logon to see the lower prices. Thanks!

There are other terms of the ESA from what I understand. "Fees at time of ESA repairs", I don't see anywhere where that is listed the fees or what may cause a certain fee. Anyone have those answers?
Yes, I noticed that any mention of fees was dropped. Maybe as repair rates have dropped, Tesla dropped the "deductible" portion of the ESA coverage? I mean, they cannot impose fees if they are not mentioned in the Terms and Conditions available when purchasing it, right?

Not so sure, I forget the wording, it was something like "a repair out of regular service interval" or ?

There is a fee even after paying for ESA.

Then again maybe I was thinking of something from Maintenance plans they offered. I have to look into that. I am on the fence with ESA I have about a year left to decide. $4850, thats hefty number, but so is some repairs in the second 4 years.

Last edited:
Not so sure, I forget the wording, it was something like "a repair out of regular service interval" or ?

There is a fee even after paying for ESA.

Then again maybe I was thinking of something from Maintenance plans they offered. I have to look into that. I am on the fence with ESA I have about a year left to decide. $4850, thats hefty number, but so is some repairs in the second 4 years.

One question I have is, if you buy the two-year ESA, can you then later buy another two year extension? Or do you get just the one opportunity to decided between the 2 and 4 year plans?