Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extending 6 AWG wires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say I have 50 ft of 6 AWG wires running from 50A breaker to a 14-50 receptacle already but I want to run it another 5-10 ft so I can place the 14-50 receptacle further. Can I just buy an additional 10 ft of 6 AWG wires and connect them to the other 50ft wires WITHOUT having to run a whole new set of 60 ft wires?

As long as you can make the connection between the two segments of wire in an accessible junction box, it is legal. I recommend using Polaris connectors or other screw-down terminals to make the junction, as opposed to wire nuts.
Thank you. Can you perhaps give me a link or pictures of what those Polaris connectors or screw-down terminals look like? Do they sell them on Amazon?
Another question, what's the degradation in voltage, etc if any? Thank you kindly

Upvote 0
Something like this?

Attachments

• 92633626-5EFB-4342-802C-C78BABFCA0BE.jpeg
    92633626-5EFB-4342-802C-C78BABFCA0BE.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Thank you. Can you perhaps give me a link or pictures of what those Polaris connectors or screw-down terminals look like? Do they sell them on Amazon?
Another question, what's the degradation in voltage, etc if any? Thank you kindly
Dont forget the part where that polaris connector needs to be in an accessible junction box (dont bury it in a wall or something).

Upvote 0