Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extensive Energy Leak?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I was recently upgraded to version 32.3 and 32.5 and since then (I’m pretty sure this is when it started), my car consumes a lot of energy while idl’ing at home. I automatically auto-recharge to 85% nightly at midnight. This morning, I was surprised to see it below 85%, it was showing it at 352km available, which is lower than what I typically see.

So I decided to manually charge it to 85% and it then indicated 367km. All good. I look at it tonight and it is at ... 330km!

So in about 12 hours, I lost 37km-equivalent of charge.

MCU1, AP2, no sentry mode.

Any thoughts?

Try charging to only 75% and see what happens next.

I’ve read that part of the batterygate changes made to the cars is that the cooling system and fans run extensively when charged over 80 (about) percent charge, which pretty quickly depleted the car. If you leave it plugged in, it will eventually cycle the charger on again. Don’t know exactly when.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
Ok, so pretty interesting thing. Last night, I made some adjustments in the menus like turning off cabin protection, and some other things, and lo and behold, my battery when I last checked it which was around 4:30 yesterday had 111 miles of range left, I shut the car down for night, powered off, and about 10 minutes ago I checked to see how much range had been lost and the battery now shows 114??? Gained 3 miles? I dont know what percentage the battery is at, need to look at that but what a different from the night before!

Try charging to only 75% and see what happens next.

I’ve read that part of the batterygate changes made to the cars is that the cooling system and fans run extensively when charged over 80 (about) percent charge, which pretty quickly depleted the car. If you leave it plugged in, it will eventually cycle the charger on again. Don’t know exactly when.

from my experience once the vehicle goes below 3% of the set charge level the charger comes back in. I set my car to 90% and usually find it at 87% by the morning. I have a few times checked it around midnight and seen 87% and then in the morning it was back up to 90%.