Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

External Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am, when I finally get it of course, but haven't had much luck, enquired at a few places for PPF + ceramic + window tint and got no replies yet, strangely no one seems interested, either that or they are all very busy. I'm expecting to pay around 3k.

I had my Model-S wrapped at Topaz Detailing - they are just down the road from Tesla @ Heathrow. They did an excellent job, and it has protected the car from a number of parking "rubs" and snuggling up against countryside hedges - and no rusk to clean pigeon poo off.

Make sure your insurance company is happy with it

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but whats the difference between a wrap and PPF (paint protection film ?)
A wrap is much thinner, so offers less paint protection. PPF is also ‘self-healing’, so small dings and scratches will repair themselves with a little heat applied.

PPF is clear, so you can also get away with just having part of the car done, usually the front end where you will get most stone chips.

I’ve had a quote for PPF on the M3: £1800 for the front end including full bonnet, ranging up to £5000 for the whole car.

I was originally going to go for the front end, but having read about problems it can cause with getting insurance I’m not so sure now...

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger