Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely accurate performance data from the CAN bus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Datalog an autopilot drive might be interesting, spesh if you can pair it up with GPS position and drop it onto a Google map...

I snagged a few short stretches of autopilot driving, actually. Playing it back to my non-AP IC it just thinks it's cruise control.

To get pack group voltages it's probably easiest to log a 100% charge session, they may hit the bus as the BMS talks to the main computer during balancing.

Yeah, I actually just had that same thought earlier today. I may do this soon.

The non-standard PID list for an S or an X must be immense.

I haven't found anything standard about this data... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to know how high the BMS lets the pack temps get when the car is parked and sleeping in a hot parking lot.

Good question too. I'm really focusing my CAN deciphering efforts on the BMS next, so, hopefully get some results soon. Edit: If I end up with another full 85 kWh pack for my project... well... let's just say I might keep this one intact if my efforts go well :D

WK057.... WOOW

This is so great data, data that I have wanted to get my hands on for a looong time.

And the internal resistance seems to by much higher than 0,053 Ohm at least if the voltage drop is actuallt 100 VDC+ on the terminals.

Anyway great insight and thanks for sharing.

Any chance we can see any current/voltage from the 3 ph AC motor(s) ?

Torben_E