Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fabulous Tesla Mobil Tech Service Visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprisingly I made it almost 2 years on my HVAC filters, but about 7 days ago I started getting the "musty" smell. It would go away after a minute or two but it was noticeable. So I scheduled an appointment via the app and the Tech from our ST Louis Service was here and gone in 45 minutes. But the best part, Tesla for some unknown reason coveted the service as a "Goodwill Repair".
oOuDak4.jpg

The only thing I can think of is I have my 2020 Y listed as a Trade to Tesla on a PMY I have on order. That's the only reason I can come up with, they'd have to service the vehicle in 5 to 6 weeks based on my latest EDD.

We here in St Louis do have a great Service Center though.

Reactions: Silence88
Surprisingly I made it almost 2 years on my HVAC filters, but about 7 days ago I started getting the "musty" smell. It would go away after a minute or two but it was noticeable. So I scheduled an appointment via the app and the Tech from our ST Louis Service was here and gone in 45 minutes. But the best part, Tesla for some unknown reason coveted the service as a "Goodwill Repair".
oOuDak4.jpg

The only thing I can think of is I have my 2020 Y listed as a Trade to Tesla on a PMY I have on order. That's the only reason I can come up with, they'd have to service the vehicle in 5 to 6 weeks based on my latest EDD.

2020 should still be within warranty right?

oOuDak4.jpg

I had cabin filters that smelled like rotten garbage.....well known issue and addressed it vigorously with my SC but tesla insisted it was "normal wear and tear". This was after around 5,000 km. They were really nice to come out and change my brand new cabin filters for the proper ones, $200 later. You are lucky to have a good SC.......not all are created equal and most totally suck. BTW all new teslas come with the proper filters that don't stink........so tesla admits the defect but won't fix it under warranty or good will.........actually they do 1% of the time depending on your SC

oOuDak4.jpg

I have always been happy with the Tesla mobile service here in San Diego. And as well when I needed to go in to the Service Center