Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long (time) is the actual factory tour? And does anyone know what hours the tours start? I assume there is more than 1 tour per day. Thanks for your help!

The tour is approx 1 hour or a little more. The tour is well organized however you are shown everything from a distance, being that the factory is quite large you are transported on a mini tramway and the conductor who is your guide highlights several of the stages of building the car. It is super cool. No pictures are allowed. Yet, I think it's worth it. It is quite amazing to see all the aluminium on rolls and at the end of your tour a brand new car comes out. You'll have a chance to buy a tesla t shirt only available from Fremont. There are many tours in a day, however it is better to make a reservation prior to arriving at the factory.

i enjoyed my visit and I plan to do it again, perhaps when the model x is in production.

Last edited:
The tour is approx 1 hour or a little more. The tour is well organized however you are shown everything from a distance, being that the factory is quite large you are transported on a mini tramway and the conductor who is your guide highlights several of the stages of building the car. It is super cool. No pictures are allowed. Yet, I think it's worth it. It is quite amazing to see all the aluminium on rolls and at the end of your tour a brand new car comes out. You'll have a chance to buy a tesla t shirt only available from Fremont. There are many tours in a day, however it is better to make a reservation prior to arriving at the factory.

i enjoyed my visit and I plan to do it again, perhaps when the model x is in production.

Thank you! My daughter & I are driving out from Virginia in late June, and we were told to call back on 1 April to schedule. The info you provided helps me tremendously - thank you!