Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair price for P90D with +suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am trying to figure out fair price to list 2014 P80D with + suspension which has 80k miles & car has all the options except 3rd row seats

I feel +suspension is worth more than compared to regular air suspension.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230830_190835_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230830_190835_Tesla.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20230830_190850_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230830_190850_Tesla.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 46
Your title says P90D, your post says P80D, and the specs say P85D... so which is it?

I'm going with a P85D... assuming all is mechanically sound and in decent overall physical shape, you're looking at mid-to-high 20s. The mileage is hurting you as well as being out of warranty completely. Plus suspension only matters to the few so it won't help here. Here's some comparisons:

1693440034454.png

Reactions: goodbadboys9
Thanks for responding.sorry for the typo.It is P90D with new 90kwh battery

If it's a P90D then why does the specs say P85D? Is this a P85D with a 90KWh battery therefore you're calling it a P90D? I don't know if software/firmware upgrades are needed to make the car acknowledge that the battery is 90KWh. I'm sure someone will chime in on this once we get the exact details.

your positive selling points are: new battery (with the updated chemistry and improved supercharging), FUSC (assuming you are original owner), and the plus suspension, and "only" 80k miles
your negative selling points: old tech, non-refreshed front end, probably MCU1, old seats, old autopilot with no path to FSD
You may be able to locate someone who cares more about the positives and bring the price from 25-29k to 28-31k at best, but that would likely require you to find an enthusiast who is well informed and still wants a nearly 10 year car with old tech.

Reactions: goodbadboys9
Great car !!!

You might be able to get more than the other P85D listings since you have a NEW 90kWh battery pack if MOST of Tesla's 4-year / 48,000 miles new (not refurb) battery warranty remains.

The Performance Plus Suspension is AWESOME since it adds:
  • upgraded dampers
  • upgraded stiffer bushings
  • upgraded stabilizer bars
  • staggered 21" tires & wheels: Range supposedly improves 6 to 12 miles over regular 21” wheels
  • "This is a package engineered to provide the enthusiast driver with a more responsive car and added cornering grip while maintaining excellent ride quality. While this does not include the revised dampers and stabilizer bars that the factory option does include, we have engineered this package to offer the majority of the handling benefits without requiring a full suspension removal and replacement, which would be far more costly."
  • Tesla Model S Peformance Plus Option: Tesla Model S Peformance Plus Option Now Available for $6,500; Retrofits Offered Too

The only options you're missing are:
  • Ludicrous upgrade: 0.2 second faster 0 to 60... and power doesn't fall off like Insane
  • MCU 2.0: makes it feel like a new car instead of an old PC running Windows Vista
  • Arachnid wheels: much lighter, stronger and better looking than Turbines)
  • (maybe) rear Next Generation Seats: some P85D's came with BOTH front AND rear Next Generation (Recaro?) Seats
Good luck with your sale !!!

My 2015 P85DL+ pictured below. LOVE IT even after 8 years !!!

Attachments

• IMG_4894.jpeg
    IMG_4894.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 39