Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon doors new screen descriptions “ quick open press and hold”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently tried to open the falcon wing door on a 2023 model x . I tried using the app and all I got was a double beep. I tried using a fob by pressing the side of the fob 2 times and I got a double beep. I tried pressing the fob side 1 time and got the same double beep .
when I entered the vehicle and looked at the controls screen I saw the standard car and the front doors both passenger and driver were normal and I was able to open the passenger door in the car with the fob and in the app. However the falcon wing doors both driver and passenger did not have the normal open symbol. Instead it said ”quick open” press and hold to open. When I tried to do this from the screen I got 2 beeps whether from the driver or passenger . After several tries I then gave up and put the dog in the back trunk. I then drove about a mile and stopped at my destination and when I looked at the screen the standard “open” symbol was back again there for the falcon doors. And the buttons functioned properly. Does anyone know why this happened?

I’ve seen that happen when the sensors get confused, for instance sun overhead at a funky angle. Have to hold the open button on the screen. I can agree with you that the sensors were confused because after a 1 mike drive and parking in a parking lot with nothing around the problem seemed to have gone away. I have parked in that very spot since I got the car as that is close to the charging port, the squiggly lines that supposedly show distances says I have 16 inches of clearance. Oh well I can’t repeat the issue so if any one else has seen this message “quick open, hold to open” please be kind and let me know. Thanks for all who have replied
Thanks for that info. I don’t know why the sun would be an issue because it was an overcast day. I

Upvote 0