Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy - 7&8 Reuse - Elon's Roadster Demo - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was crying and laughing at the same time. I couldn’t stay seated, I was pacing around my living room and jumping up and down. That was mind blowing. Even if the center core didn’t make it, it doesn’t really matter (but I get it did). The mission is a success even if the final 2nd stage burn doesn’t work right. The FH stayed intact and got the payload to orbit. That’s what matters.

I bet every SpaceX employee is ecstatic right now!

I was close to tears. That was.... amazing. I had my fingers crossed (both sets) the whole time. On the secondary feed let was cool to see Gwynne Shotwell jump up and cheer, and then hug people around her. What an accomplishment, even if we possibly/probably lost the center core.

On the hosted webcast, they showed the tracking of all the elements, with two parabolas falling back to the ocean... fairing halves? The label was obscured behind the label for the center core.
Probably the current track made good as the side boosters made their return burns. The arcs show where their landing points would be moment by moment, with the final points coinciding with the two landing zones
Robin

Reactions: Grendal
Yeah, those boosters landing in concert was possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life. I showed the simulation to my 11 year old son last night and he said, "do you think they'll get them to land simultaneously like that?" I cautioned that it was "very unlikely" that would happen. His school was supposed to be streaming it for the kids so I hope he felt vindicated!

Looked like they had the same booster video on both sides. Exact same timing for everything including gas releases that you would expect to differ, appeared to land on same pad. Announcer claimed they were different, but I'm thinking not. Someone messed up the camera feeds. Trying to confirm now.

They were the same feed. Mistake.

Looked like they had the same booster video on both sides. Exact same timing for everything including gas releases that you would expect to differ, appeared to land on same pad. Announcer claimed they were different, but I'm thinking not. Someone messed up the camera feeds. Trying to confirm now.

I remember thinking that too as the boosters got low enough to see the pads.

Anyways...just wow. It's hard to come up with enough words to describe how awesome this event was. Congrats SpaceX!

Bruce.

I had the same impression and had done screen captures on my iPad pro and sure looked that way to me.

Reactions: Grendal
DVYWR2IUQAAutMB.jpg