Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon wing doors won't detect closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I see @outie is an expert so maybe they or someone else can lend some expertise.

I was supposed to take delivery yesterday but it was delayed because of an issue with the latch on the drivers falcon door. It wasn't detecting closed/wasn't locking. They delayed delivery a day to today to fix the issue, and I took delivery today as expected. It works fine at pick up, but the second I get to my first location and show off the car, the door looks like it closes but then loosens up maybe 1/8" and can't close. Even if I push on the door to hold it closed, it just never detects that the door is closed and it complains to no end if I try to drive. I think it's safe to drive to service center tomorrow, but I'd like to properly get it to latch if I can. Any way to get this thing to cinch shut properly or do I just drive it as is

So I see @outie is an expert so maybe they or someone else can lend some expertise.

I was supposed to take delivery yesterday but it was delayed because of an issue with the latch on the drivers falcon door. It wasn't detecting closed/wasn't locking. They delayed delivery a day to today to fix the issue, and I took delivery today as expected. It works fine at pick up, but the second I get to my first location and show off the car, the door looks like it closes but then loosens up maybe 1/8" and can't close. Even if I push on the door to hold it closed, it just never detects that the door is closed and it complains to no end if I try to drive. I think it's safe to drive to service center tomorrow, but I'd like to properly get it to latch if I can. Any way to get this thing to cinch shut properly or do I just drive it as is

I'd call the SC and ask them if you should drive it in. If they say no, they will have to come and pick it up. IOW, I would punt, to the Tesla SC since it is brand new.

Curious, was it a hot day or was the sun shining on that specific door for some time? I've noticed that in heat, the latches tend to not latch.