Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falken Azenis tires on M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original pirellis are essentially toast after 1 year of wear.

Debating whether to switch to Michelin Pilot 4s or the cheaper Falkens.

Wondering if I'll get more than a year w either of the two options...? Warranty differences...? Road noise...?

Likely go to local American Tire for purchase and install.

I am running the Falken Azenis FK510 235/35/20 tires on my P3D- and like them so far but I only have about a hundred miles on them. At less than half the price of the Michelins I figured they were worth a try. I am no expert on tires but I don't notice any different from the Pilots I had on my 2018 P3D+... they aren't any louder to me and seem to handle comparably well even if I am pushing it on an off ramp or twisty back road. I even did some hard braking tests in the rain last weekend and they stopped very well in wet conditions. Reviews also seem to be pretty solid on tire rack. Fast wear is a complaint but it seems like you are already having that problem with the Pirellis if you roasted those after only a year 😀.

• Helpful
Reactions: SPACE_EX
Just an update I have about 350 miles on them now and have no complaints. Efficiency is right at 275wh/mi which is in line with what I used to get in my P3D+ with stock 20s and Michelins. It’s possible I’ll notice bad wear over time but at this point I feel good about these at half the price of the pilots.

Reactions: SPACE_EX
My 2020 M3P came with the Michelin Pilot Sports and I now have the Falken Azenis. It's hard to judge the noise since the Michelins got pretty loud as they approached the wear bars at about 25K miles. My feeling is that the Falkens are about the same in terms of road noise.

After a few hundred miles of letting them wear a little, I took it out for a "spirited" drive and they seemed to be just as sticky as the Michelins as well. Neither tire has a particularly good reputation for long wear so I like the fact that I can get TWO sets of Azenis for less than I'd spend on another set of the OEM Michelin tires.

Best,

Reactions: mspohr and golfcart
Falken Azenis FK510 is our go to summer street tire. Road noise, grip and tire wear are all satisfactory.
95% of Michelin PS4S characteristics @ 70-80% of price.

IMG_2916.jpeg

Danny

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood