Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fall in Interest Rates = Lease Cost Renegotiation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My agreement with my lease company gives them the right to vary any rental quoted prior to the acceptance and/or delivery of a vehicle to take account of material variations to interest rates that occur after the date the rental is quoted but before a vehicle is delivered. I was just wondering whether this works both ways.

This is an emergency rate cut. I wouldn't expect it to stay like that for very long, maybe 6 months and certainly no longer than a year, so I would be surprised if its treated the same way as an actual fiscal policy change.

Quick question...
I am now about to pay my renaming deposit for the car... what’s better (faster) to use... RN or invoice Number?
My collection is Friday morning and they only gave me the invoice a few mins ago!!!

If your lease includes Car tax (VED) your lease companies costs just went down a further £30 per month with the removal of luxury car tax.

I asked the lease company about this and they said there is no road tax on the tesla, so I responded but is there no road tax in year two or three and they responded with.

"No and if there was we cover any road tax for the term."

So no drop in price for the quote I did earlier.

I thought maybe there might be room to lower my Tesla loan, but no. Mortgage rates have gotten better and even though I have a great rate I'm in the process of refinancing to lower it a whole percent. But all the auto refi rates are actually worse than what I have now.

Things seem to be changing daily though so keep an eye out just in case.