Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faux leather sealant?

sroh

Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Yep, that's what I use. Works great on our vinyl seats (both black and white). My only complaint is the solution gets hard relatively quickly after opening. I wish I could use it twice, but it always has solidified before I can use a second time. As it is, I coat both of our sets of seats but still have about a 1/3 of the bottle left over. I'll just add a second coat next time.

But I guess that also means there is a good amount of SiO2 in there, which is a good thing.

Yep, that's what I use. Works great on our vinyl seats (both black and white). My only complaint is the solution gets hard relatively quickly after opening. I wish I could use it twice, but it always has solidified before I can use a second time. As it is, I coat both of our sets of seats but still have about a 1/3 of the bottle left over. I'll just add a second coat next time.

But I guess that also means there is a good amount of SiO2 in there, which is a good thing.
Can you share a link to the product you use?

Their leather coat works well too. I had several people that didn’t even want to sit in my car with the white seats. I spent a bit on Adams Graphene so I paced myself with Gyeon. I just do it every few months. Smells great.
I actually got the seat belt jammed against my back and the seat and it made a black mark. Was able to wipe it off with a microfiber towel thankfully. Couple other ppl left some marks just from things being on their clothes.
And taking a family members wheel off for replacement, then getting the the car with filth etc, it’s just bound to happen.
Adams, Gyeon, Hydrosilex, nanoskin, quik interior detail wipes (Meguiars) all been good to me so far.

Attachments

• 2433EA21-4280-4738-A17D-5330D9349A7F.jpeg
    2433EA21-4280-4738-A17D-5330D9349A7F.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 25

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC