Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Feature request] Model Y Performance 0-60 in 2.99s? How much $$$$ will you pay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's going to cost a little over $2,500 🤯
1683055913184.png

Is it even possible? Personally, I'd gladly shell out $2500 for a sub-3 second blast to 60. Maybe even $3K. Other EVs are getting quicker all the time, and I want to keep up! Or am I dreaming?
wishful thinking.

MY probably needs MS motors and driveline to get there.
then you need better brakes.
then suspension improvement to keep the power to the pavement.

nah, just get a used MS

It's very likely that all of the other drivetrain components are not up to the task to do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. Battery, wiring, motor, and all the mechanical bits have to be up to the task in terms of durability. It's quite probably the car was no overengineered to the extent it would need to be to handle this kind of additional power output. In that case, a simple software flash would not be the solution.

• Disagree
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
Main limitation seems to be power delivery from the battery.

The MYLR AB upgrade increases the output of the front motor, I think the reason the MYP doesn't have an AB upgrade option is because available battery power is the limiting factor... if it increased the output of the front motor it would be done at the expense of reducing the output of the rear motor for zero real world gain.

In the current setup, the MYP has a noticeable falloff in performance with each percent lower state of charge, this performance falloff is NOT present in the MYLR, even with the AB upgrade.

Later,

Keith

Reactions: Lindenwood
If 3.5 seconds 0-60 for under $60k isn’t good enough then you’re crazy. I was tempted to get a BMW X4 M for a lot more $$ for similar performance so to me I’m absolutely happy with the performance fkr the price. More would be fun but I’d be dead.

Reactions: Bossdaddy
If 3.5 seconds 0-60 for under $60k isn’t good enough then you’re crazy. I was tempted to get a BMW X4 M for a lot more $$ for similar performance so to me I’m absolutely happy with the performance fkr the price. More would be fun but I’d be dead.
It's all relative. After having it for a while it begins to feel normal or even slow. If you've ridden a sports bike (600-1300cc) the MYP still feels slow. I regret not getting the Model S Plaid over the MYP