Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow MY SR Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the unicorn of Model Y’s. I don’t see many threads about this version of the Model Y, so I guess I’ll make one. I’m just wondering how the vehicle has been treating you since picking it up? I picked mine up in March and I’ve loved it. Perhaps more so than my SR+. Being in SoCal the range has not been a problem at all. I took to Vegas without much of an issue. Made it comfortably both ways.

Since they just renamed the Model 3 SR to Model 3 RWD, it’s possible that there will never again be a Model Y SR released. When they finally get back around to releasing a new version of the Model Y “SR”, they might well call it the Model Y RWD as well making yours a true limited run.

Genuine collectible there.

Yes, the unicorn of Model Y’s. I don’t see many threads about this version of the Model Y, so I guess I’ll make one. I’m just wondering how the vehicle has been treating you since picking it up? I picked mine up in March and I’ve loved it. Perhaps more so than my SR+. Being in SoCal the range has not been a problem at all. I took to Vegas without much of an issue. Made it comfortably both ways.
June 2021 SR owner here. Other than an issue with autopilot not working (yet) the car has been pure joy. Los Angeles area here too.

So did you supercharge on the way to Vegas? Where? Fill us in I’d love to know more.

Pic of my car from Saturday the day after I hyper dipped my wheels and badges.

Attachments

• 16A99783-5DE4-4CC2-AE64-D9B95E17B464.jpeg
    16A99783-5DE4-4CC2-AE64-D9B95E17B464.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 76F1A756-9B4C-49D1-A004-9AA1880E0877.jpeg
    76F1A756-9B4C-49D1-A004-9AA1880E0877.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 102
June 2021 SR owner here. Other than an issue with autopilot not working (yet) the car has been pure joy. Los Angeles area here too.

So did you supercharge on the way to Vegas? Where? Fill us in I’d love to know more.

Pic of my car from Saturday the day after I hyper dipped my wheels and badges.
Great looking! I’ve gotta end up doing all that. I just have had the time. I didn’t supercharge in Vegas, I did going there and coming back. The Aria had charging at the hotel. Albeit, it was a phase 2 charger but I was not going anywhere. Here is an invoice below.

I normally do not take road trips in my car, I rent but I said why not?! And the charging did not take long. Maybe added an hour on my trip(One way) but I didn’t really notice it nor feel. Range anxiety is a flat out myth, at least IMO it is.

By the way have you checked if you have the 980 motor or the 990? I got a 980, meaning I can give the car that extra boost!
E52476B0-AF41-4081-AE4F-403486BB917E.png

Reactions: acebrigade
I have one too. Just got an offer for $56k on mine and am debating on trading it in for a LR of Performance with the potential tax credit coming. Anyone else in this boat?

If you want to do that, better order soon. Price went up again last night. Now starts at $57,990 for basic version of MYLR.

Just ordered the MY Performance today and hopefully with tax credit it comes out to $6000 more for a brand new Model Y Performance (equity + tax credit) not a bad deal I guess

Great looking! I’ve gotta end up doing all that. I just have had the time. I didn’t supercharge in Vegas, I did going there and coming back. The Aria had charging at the hotel. Albeit, it was a phase 2 charger but I was not going anywhere. Here is an invoice below.

I normally do not take road trips in my car, I rent but I said why not?! And the charging did not take long. Maybe added an hour on my trip(One way) but I didn’t really notice it nor feel. Range anxiety is a flat out myth, at least IMO it is.

By the way have you checked if you have the 980 motor or the 990? I got a 980, meaning I can give the car that extra boost!
View attachment 728790
How do we find out what motor we have? 😮‍💨

I love mine! Picked up a white/black MYSR in July. One of the very last I think. :) Very happy to have gotten the 39k price! Ordered a Red MYLR at the same time when the base price was 51k, and have that reservation on hold, scheduled to kick back on 12/31. Angling to sell the MYSR and pick up the MYLR with the tax credits and have it be a wash!

Reactions: RedWhite19
I love mine! Picked up a white/black MYSR in July. One of the very last I think. :) Very happy to have gotten the 39k price! Ordered a Red MYLR at the same time when the base price was 51k, and have that reservation on hold, scheduled to kick back on 12/31. Angling to sell the MYSR and pick up the MYLR with the tax credits and have it be a wash!
Now the LR costs nearly 20k more than the SRMY cost at its lowest value. You can’t even get a SR+ for that price anymore.

Now the LR costs nearly 20k more than the SRMY cost at its lowest value. You can’t even get a SR+ for that price anymore.
Does feel pretty good to snag such a deal. I also got a $2500 tax rebate from the state of WA! I wonder how many of us exist who actually got the MYSR at the 39,9 price? It was only that price for like 48 hours, so I can't imagine it's that many.

Does feel pretty good to snag such a deal. I also got a $2500 tax rebate from the state of WA! I wonder how many of us exist who actually got the MYSR at the 39,9 price? It was only that price for like 48 hours, so I can't imagine it's that many.
Got mine at $42k in January, but had $3500 back from California Credits.