TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

FH launch road trip...

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by nwdiver, Aug 23, 2017.

1. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Who's going and where are you coming from?

I think I can make it to Florida from New Mexico in ~3 days. Once they announce the launch window if there's a >50% chance of a launch I'll leave for Florida. I have the benefit of currently being self-employed. I spoke to my boss and he's cool with me taking off for a couple weeks whenever :D

• Like x 3
  2. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I have to find a business trip to take me there. Time to start bugging relationships!
    Cross-country convoy? Do it like cyclists, draft, take relays, beat a record...

3. voidptr

voidptr Member

Depending on when they start declaring concrete dates, we'll probably head down from NC. I was there for for CRS-4, CRS-6, CRS-9, and GOES-R.

• Like x 1
  4. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I've been considering the trip out to see my first ever launch. But I'm very concerned that there are going to be a LOT of delays.

• Like x 1
  5. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Member

Yeah - this.

• Like x 1
  6. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

If the weather and other conditions look positive...
    I will fly to MIA from GIG and drive up in my Tesla. I do really want to see this launch.
    Of course that depends on dates and clearing conflicts.
    This stands to be the noisiest launch in decades!:cool:

7. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

And if Elon is to be believed, a reasonable likelihood of the largest firework display in decades. :) Just kidding... I hope...

• Funny x 1
  8. Matias

Matias Active Member

As I turn fifty this december, this would ne perfect birthday present from me to me. :p

But unfortunately the launch will likely to be postponed several times and it is too difficult because of that.