Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Canceled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my reservation on 10-30-19 for our MY which included FSD, RWD Long Range, White Interior, Red Multi-Coat, 20" Performance Wheels which came out to $59,700.00, in my book not a cheap car.
Since none of us which have made reservations for RWD have not been given any straight answers if these will ever be built, :mad: I decided today to cancel my reservations. :(
I figure I will place my reservation next year when the car will probably be cheaper and have better quality. Elon always reduces the prices so I will wait and see. :rolleyes: Maybe by then it will have the million mile battery. :)

John, I own a 2018 M3 and a 2010 Roadster. Haven't been to a gas station in 2 years! Also have solar panels on the roof and haven't paid for electricity in 8 years.
I am in the same boat. I had purchased a Model 3 in 2018 which is flawless, I have solar which my electric company been sending me checks annually. I am bummed out my Model Y has some quality issues and debating to send it in for repairs and hope it is to my satisfaction, or simply returning it by Friday and wait it out until next year.

The other option is take it and resolve the issues.

I have my Y with a handful of issues..any horrible not really...some adjustments, 1 paint chip and some trim issues.

Overall anything horrible no, all fixable easily.

I love the car and it does ride very well, trim and adjustments ill give the service center the chance to earn their money and resolve

Reactions: empiredown
I replaced the windshield on my FJ Cruiser a couple of years ago and the custom painted long panel that goes above it needed replacing too. I purchased a new one off of eBay and it came with some minor scratches that really bothered me. But I installed it and have never noticed it since. There are always bug smashes on it anyway.

When I get my MY (actually my wife’s), I will try to look past minor issues that will be fixed or will go unnoticed anyway. Our first trip will be to get it wrapped and if there are minor cosmetic issues they will take care of it. If Tesla pays for any of it great, if not, well I want the damn car and I’ll accept it. I anticipate it to be a serious quality of life enhancement and I’m not going to cut off my nose to spite my face or to try to make a statement. I’m already waiting for a long time for my Tesla (CyberTruck) and don’t need to torture my wife too.