Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally found a good iPad / tablet holder for rear seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's been surprisingly difficult to find a solid tablet holder for a kid in the back seat that looks to be reasonably safe in case of an accident. Nearly all the designs seem to be some sort of loosey-goosey clamping or retention mechanism that definitely will not hold onto a tablet during a hard hit.

Well, I finally found one that matches what I've been envisioning in my mind's eye. It's the WixGear Universal Tablet Headrest Mount.

1707802325018.png

It wraps around the headrest, so it's at a good viewing height and won't be going anywhere.

The tablet drops in easily into a sleeve with a clear pouch and holds my 11" iPad Pro quite well. There's a small velcro tab that closes the pocket on the top. The odds of a tablet flying out vertically are pretty much nil so that's OK. The pocket/sleeve design means the tablet obviously won't be flying face first into anyone.

It's pretty difficult to thread the vertical straps through the headrest ... but it is possible without tools. Probably easier with tools, but I was being stubborn at the time.

Link: Amazon.com

Recommended.