Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ordered a LR AWD white on white M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading these forums over the past couple I finally ordered my LR AWD white on white M3 on July 28th. Now the long waiting process begins. I'm getting a few estimates, over the next couple of days, for having an electrician install a 14-50 NEMA outlet in my garage. I was able to get away from the house for a little while today so I drove over to the St. Louis SC in Chesterfield Missouri. It was about 45 miles west of where I live but it's the first SC that I've ever been to. Nice location and nice folks, so far, to deal with. Sunny, one of the TESLA reps on site, made sure that my order was still on track and that I didn't need to do anything further at the moment. Just wait....argh! Anyway, just thought I'd post a little update for those in forum land about my recent order/purchase. It should be exciting to drive one for the first time versus watching YouTube videos or even sitting in a couple of them. They do seem roomy and have comfortable seats from what I observe/feel.

Don't assume that it's going to be a long wait, many folks have gotten them in two days.
Thanks for info. I'm going to try and remain positive for a shorter wait. I can't wait to try out the Super Charger network on a few trips over the next couple of months to Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama and Nebraska. Any recommended ones for those who live near Super Chargers in these areas or have stopped at them?

I ordered a LR AWD white/white 18s on July 23rd and have no VIN or correspondence from Tesla. Hoping to hear something soon. I was told by my rep that LR usually take 2-3 weeks at the moment, but seeing as though I don’t have a VIN yet, I’m assuming it’s going to be a long wait.

Thanks for info. I'm going to try and remain positive for a shorter wait. I can't wait to try out the Super Charger network on a few trips over the next couple of months to Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama and Nebraska. Any recommended ones for those who live near Super Chargers in these areas or have stopped at them?

When you get your car, all you will need to do is to ask the car to navigate to your destination. It will then think and let you know the route, when you need to charge and for how long.

But the secret to travelling is to coordinate human requirements with the cars. Most Superchargers are around restaurants, plan your meals there. It will often finish charging before you finish eating. It's not hard to require 0 time to Supercharge on a trip.

Heading to the southern states shouldn't be a issue. Nebraska, as long as you stay on the Interstate you should be good.
You may want to try to order the NEMA 14-50 adapter to have with you. While it isn't fast, it does allow you to plug into the 50A circuits available at many campgrounds, good backup if you have to travel to far off the Interstate in Nebraska.
But again, headed south, it's no problem to make it all the way to Key West.

Congratulations.

I have a Blue on White LR AWD with 19" (and 18" Aeros for the winter) and I love the car.

Feel free to reach out and ask any questions. It would be uncommon for you to have an issue that has not already been discussed at length on these forums. (And I know that sounds like I am suggesting you will have lots of issues - not at all - I'm simply stating that these forums are a tremendous resource and any "issue or question" you have has likely been addressed - so search and ask and enjoy the car!)

Reactions: XLR82XS
I ordered a LR AWD white/white 18s on July 23rd and have no VIN or correspondence from Tesla. Hoping to hear something soon. I was told by my rep that LR usually take 2-3 weeks at the moment, but seeing as though I don’t have a VIN yet, I’m assuming it’s going to be a long wait.
Maybe I can watch for my VIN based on when you get yours since you have 5 days on me. If they produce them in some type of orderly fashion then mine should be close to your time frame. The fun times with the waiting game.

Heading to the southern states shouldn't be a issue. Nebraska, as long as you stay on the Interstate you should be good. You may want to try to order the NEMA 14-50 adapter to have with you. While it isn't fast, it does allow you to plug into the 50A circuits available at many campgrounds, good backup if you have to travel to far off the Interstate in Nebraska.
But again, headed south, it's no problem to make it all the way to Key West.
Thanks! I'm getting the 14-50 adapter for sure.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Congrats. I ordered the same config and taking delivery on 8/14. I had a 240 / 14-50 outlet installed in the garage a couple days ago: $300
Hoping to take delivery within a couple of weeks. But in the mean time, I got a quote to get a 240/14-50 install for my garage along with a half dozen outlets needed in my unfinished basement for $900. I didn't think that was too bad.

It all depends where on the production cycle Tesla is regarding the build config and if they are building for foreign markets. This can also change if someone modifies their config or cancels an order. So it could be just a few days or 3-4 weeks.
Well sir, you must be good luck. It's been two weeks today since I ordered my Model 3 and I just received a text from my DA this morning that said my M3 is in transit and I need to pick an appointment time by tonight or they will assign one to me. Let the anxious process begin.

Reactions: Phlier and jboles
Well sir, you must be good luck. It's been two weeks today since I ordered my Model 3 and I just received a text from my DA this morning that said my M3 is in transit and I need to pick an appointment time by tonight or they will assign one to me. Let the anxious process begin.

Congrats on moving on up in the process. I still havent heard anything about my 7/27 order.