Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally!!!! Tesla installing BioWeapon Defense Mode for non PUP owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes... but if your in the UK. Good luck to you trying to get the proper thing fitted or buying a hepa filter and installing yourself, here in the north west of UK it’s impossible.

Install takes 10 minutes, DIY job as long as you can get hold of the filter.

42392810854_04a4056f49_z_d.jpg

42392821974_d93f822844_z_d.jpg

Reactions: K3Man
isnt there a $150 retrofit diy option via ebay and forums?

For what it's worth, the DIY retrofit filter and the Tesla filter do not look the same. I installed one of the retrofit ones, and it looks like the Gangzoom posted 4 posts up. I also purchased the recent $500 Tesla upgrade, and the filter looks like the one in Jtdiddy's post here:

Tesla X HEPA Filter retrofit

I don't know if the Tesla is significantly better, but it definitely is not exactly the same.

Double check your order confirmation. I am 99% sure I went to the Model X section of the Tesla Store and visually saw the correct filter image when I placed my order. However my confirmation email says Model S upgrade and the image is very different. I don't own a Model S so had no reason to shop in that area and there is no drop down where you have select the right filter. Model X filter only shows up on the Model X area of the online store. Surprisingly, Tesla sales support was pretty responsive and cleared this up in 2 days.

There have been some posts indicating that installing the HEPA filter causes additional drag on the fan. Could even burn it out.

Instead of going the ebay route, I'll order one installed by the service center. Having that magic button may even give me a little more when I sell it, to a knowlegeble buyer.

At the $500 price point installed, it gives me good enough value that allows me to ignore the even cheaper after market route.

Reactions: K3Man
I got this upgrade installed recently. Question to others who have had it a while now. Is it supposed to prevent odors too? I took a trip through cow country and could still smell the methane even when I turned on BWD mode. And recently I was at LAX and could definitely smell the jet fumes.