Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cabin filter replacement, question about Bioweapon Defense Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boingolover

Late 2021 Blue on White MYLR 5 w/ tow
Aug 16, 2021
Nashville Area
So as I understand it, al model Y's have two cabin air filters located in front of the coils. Ours is a late 2021 model with the Bioweapon Defense mode as well. I bought some Breath Easy filters from Amazon, along with a couple cans of Kool-It to clean the coils. We have a bit of a smell and as I understand it this is generally considered a yearly maintenance thing. But what about the big HEPA filter? Does it need replacing yearly as well? Where do I source this thing, if so?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: JeffnReno
I tried to find the replacement HEPA filter in the Tesla online parts catalog, but it is not listed yet. I guess its too soon for anyone to need a replacement filter since they have only been included in the Model Y for the past year.

In the parts manual diagram, the filters in the HEPA enclosure are #20 and #21, but there is no corresponding entry in the part list below the diagram for parts #20 or #21.

The entire assembly referenced by the bounding box and the #4 is listed in the parts manual as 1495167-00-B and other have posted on the forum that Tesla sells that assembly as a retrofit part for $70. So this would seem to suggest that the replacement filters, when finally available, should not be outrageously expensive. They will probably show up in the Tesla online store at some point in the near future.

Picture.png