Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing and insurance in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

Thank You Markwj!

I have no NCB, currently the best offer is from kwiksure, $19800. I will get the quote from Liberty, and finalize it tomorrow. ~~

Ouch! Do you have any overseas driving experience? If so, it might be worth a try,

P.S. DITB is in the same situation - might be worth PM him to ask.

Met my DS this morning to sign the papers and settled the payment. He said my Model S had arrived, it is now being inspected in TuenMun center. I am still sourcing the insurance; seems most insurance companies are very conservative about Model S.

May I ask which bank did you applied for the financing? And how long did it take from filling up the documents to getting the money? Because I just contacted orix online and still waiting for their response.....

My financing has been finalised, and it's being taken care of personally, on Monday, by Mark Ma from Hitachi Capital. When I get back on Tuesday, it will all be prepared and I can basically just go and pick up the car. I never had this experience before, of such a level of support by financing, and happy I chose Hitachi. In all my time of waiting, between initial approval and the pending delivery, they even offered me a lower interest rate, and I didn't ask for it.

Insurance - using Liberty, and happy as well (didn't ask any other insurance companies). No NCB discount at all, even with loads of overseas experience (have driven close to a million km in my life so far), so I am close to 20K for the yearly insurance.

Cannot wait until Tuesday, yet at least I am busy with work until then - perfect timing, it makes the waiting easier. A few days off, I have plans for all the places I like to go.

I got insurance from Aon and loan from Orix. Aon came out to be quite aggressive (vs. Liberty, AIA and Direct) on prices so definitely check with them. First car in HK in over 10 years so no NCD and still came out reasonable. Under 15k for Aon. Slightly higher deductible but figured with NCD discount so high, my car would have to be severely damaged before I went and claimed. Aon contact was from Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried BofC. The will do a personal loan for you but Orix came out slightly cheaper. Note that Orix is a car loan so they get security of car.

No NCB. Turns out that DirectAsia.com ($13k) quoted me a price way cheaper than Wellsmart ($16k) and Liberty ($18.5k)! Includes $68 for breakdown assistance including free towing and $668 for some sort of original price guarantee / depreciation protection thing.

Sounds really attractive.