Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing: forget about Black Horse! City Capital was a perfect experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to write this.. please bear with me as it may be useful to somebody someday!

When I ordered my M3P on 2nd of November, I was forced to fill out the same form as everybody, to get finance (PCP) through Black Horse. Right at the start things were a bit suspicious: once the form is filled, the page just disappears, I got no confirmation that the financing request was sent successfully, and I was taken back to Tesla's site, where the "Proceed to finance" button was still there. Naturally, I assumed the worse and pressed it again.. ending up with two emails from Tesla!

The emails did not contain the BH financing request number - just the Tesla internal ref no. Upon calling BH, they did not recognize this number and could not search my request using it. I was ping-ponged between Tesla and BH a number of times just to get the BH number and a status. This happened 2 weeks after the order (mid-November), as I was patiently waiting for delivery news to avoid having to resubmit the request. I was lucky and snatched an inventory car that was a perfect match so all of the sudden things became to precipitate.

Initially BH said they had no request under my name or the BH finance number obtained from Tesla. Immediately after I received another 2 or 3 emails, from the same Tesla address (noreply@codeweavers), containing the same internal referral number.

A bit of time passed and I got the devastating blow: finance rejected! No enquiry to find out more details from me, no comms at all from BH. Just the simple email from Tesla. I went through another 3 weeks of turmoil, trying to understand why, trying to get other ways to finance the car. In the end I tried 2-3 other companies and gave up. The combination of fair Experian personal rating and minimum Companies House information (micro companies have to supply hardly any data at all in the yearly submission, but obviously this is available on request from me or my accountant).

And then, on the scheduled delivery date (5th of December), when I was just prepared to cancel the order and get the refund and try to get a second hand MS model (again.. luckily.. the "cancel order" link was gone from my order page!), I get a call from Birmingham: "are you still ready to collect today?" - this was 2 hours before the scheduled collection!! :)

I told the guy (Mike) the situation and he recommended to call Duncan Hunt at City Capital. Why is he not on the automatic ordering system for UK I don't know!
He did a brilliant job of getting a good deal (similar offer to BH), approving it, guiding me through the mountain of paperwork etc, to have everything ready in time so I can collect tomorrow!! Just 3 working days in total for the entire application.

So: don't hesitate! If BH gives you any issues, just call Duncan!
His details are below:

City Capital London LLP
Austen House

Station View
Guildford
GU1 4AD

Phone: 020 7404 4114

Mobile: 07771 747620

Email: [email protected]

www.citycapital.co.uk

Is my writing so good? :)
If that’s what you think, I cannot do much in persuading you it isn’t. But I can assure you this wasn’t my intention. The primary intention was to expose the mockery of the financing system, including Tesla’s own site and the Black Horse company. And offer an surprising alternative, offered as an advice from a Tesla sales guy in Birmingham, that worked for me.

I can vouch for the review posted by J0hn.r - based on this very review, I contacted Duncan and I could not recommend him and his team highly enough. Very professional, walked me through the whole process and organised financing in less than 2 days; the support continued thereafter all the way to the final collection of my Model X.

I would highly encourage all to forget about Black Horse and their rude team and work through a real professional setup and a gentleman.

Reactions: J0hn.r
Hi @J0hn.r and SRLondonMX, I was wondering if you mind sharing what is the financing rate you received from Duncan?

Although Duncan was efficient and well-mannered, I was quoted by City Capital a HP plan, of which finance charges of £8k on a capital loan of £39k, over 4 years which I thought was quite a costly deal? Monthly payment of £560+ and residual payment of £20k. Do you know what was the rate you managed to secure?