Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initial financing on M3 SR+

BMO
Amount Financed
$46,553.03
Monthly Payment
$684.64
Term
72 months
APR
1.9 %

I do have a mortgage with them as well which may have helped as the SA mentioned. This is the lowest they've ever seen it here in Toronto. I'm still waiting on VIN, and I placed order on March 26th. Not sure if they'll re-do numbers anytime soon.

I ordered mine (Model 3) on March 26 (delivery end of May early June) and got a 3.99% rate. Just wondering how others were able to get lower rates? I am financing for 60 months.
Credit score and assets possibly?

I have a credit score of around 800 with a decent salary in Toronto which probably contributed to my 1.9% over 72 month rate.

Last edited:
Financing option for my Model S - Canada

Hi,

I started to read about Scotia bank offering Model S financing at 3.99%. That doesn't even seem to be critalized yet - we have no details. Better than a Personal loan at prime + 3-4% but much more expensive than in the US where they get 1.49%, 1.99%,... I have asked my broker to find me the best offer on the market.

Anybody with other ideas. I'll post what my broker comes back with.

PB
i just bought my model 3 last and and got approved at rbc for 2.8 percent...haven't looked at getting anything better as im ok with that.

Financing option for my Model S - Canada

Hi,

I started to read about Scotia bank offering Model S financing at 3.99%. That doesn't even seem to be critalized yet - we have no details. Better than a Personal loan at prime + 3-4% but much more expensive than in the US where they get 1.49%, 1.99%,... I have asked my broker to find me the best offer on the market.

Anybody with other ideas. I'll post what my broker comes back with.

PB
just bought my tesla last week and tesla got me financing at 2.8% at rbc

I'm 100-150K CAD salary. Can't remember if they actually asked for my net worth, but the bank that I have a mortgage with also offered me that rate so they have all my information.
Do you ever think about how every dollar you make the governent takes about (and almost more than) 50% of that? 😭😭😭

Anyway going back to 1.9% that's very low. I used to think that these banks have a uniform rate for everyone (only variable being which bank and how long the term is) but in your case it's definitely lower than the standard!

Reactions: dtl_
Do you ever think about how every dollar you make the governent takes about (and almost more than) 50% of that? 😭😭😭

Anyway going back to 1.9% that's very low. I used to think that these banks have a uniform rate for everyone (only variable being which bank and how long the term is) but in your case it's definitely lower than the standard!
Huh. I’m in that bracket. I pay nowhere near 50 percent though. Are you von

Huh. I’m in that bracket. I pay nowhere near 50 percent though. Are you von
**marginal** rate close to 50% not average tax rate.

I used to be in that bracket - very fortunately and thankfully i have been able to move up at work - but now every dollar i make the gov takes 45cents+ from me. it feels very difficult to get to where i want to be financially.

i get the qualities of life argument - yes the people are nice and we have the ocean in BC - but there are lot of inefficiencies too (no family doctor, quality of healthcare (yes its free but the quality...) policies geared unilaterally towards lower income groups, homelessness, drug issues, ever-increasing taxes), gas prices (now 155.2cent on the Island) - which pushed me to buying an EV but then they capped the subsidy at 50k (like if people are buying EVs that are 50k+ they are not helping with the environment). i am grateful for what is offered to me - and i see that most people around me are grateful too - i just hope that more people complaint so the government knows that the middle class has to be taken care of too.