Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, my new SA said I need to pick it up in Quebec. He did tell me taxes would be built in after the credit check, so we will see.

the way I figure is being from Manitoba I’d pay gst as it’s a federal tax, then get a temp insurance permit to return the vehicle to Manitoba, one here I’d go to insure it and they collect the PST before insuring it. This only because Alberta doesn’t appear to charge a provincial tax.

I purchased a truck in BC and had to pay tax there and here when I returned, luckily the dealer did some shady stuff and added the tax here to the loan as an “accessory” then cut me a Cheque for the value so I could pay tax as part of the loan lol.

I purchased a truck in BC and had to pay tax there and here when I returned, luckily the dealer did some shady stuff and added the tax here to the loan as an “accessory” then cut me a Cheque for the value so I could pay tax as part of the loan lol.

That may be more of a standard practice. I'm in Ottawa, and my dad lives across the river in Gatineau, Quebec. He bought a car at an Ottawa dealership, and the dealership included the Quebec taxes on the invoice, but gave him a cheque to bring to the registration office in Quebec to cover the taxes when he registered it there. It think it was already made out tot he provincial government.

Had he financed the car, I assume he could have rolled in the Quebec tax in the financed amount. In his case, he paid cash, so it just ended up being a bit of a shell game but it worked out.

So I just got approved for financing, in my application I put that I was putting 25k down. I just got approved for 96month 2.55% and it's showing only a down payment of 10k. It wants me to "agree" with those terms but yet I want to put more down. Has anyone had that happen?

So I just got approved for financing, in my application I put that I was putting 25k down. I just got approved for 96month 2.55% and it's showing only a down payment of 10k. It wants me to "agree" with those terms but yet I want to put more down. Has anyone had that happen?
I just solved my own problem. At the top above the financing details it gives you the option to "adjust terms". The only thing you can adjust is your amount financed/monthly payment. I put in how much I wanted to finance and it gave me my new CORRECT monthly payment with the same rate and length.

I just solved my own problem. At the top above the financing details it gives you the option to "adjust terms". The only thing you can adjust is your amount financed/monthly payment. I put in how much I wanted to finance and it gave me my new CORRECT monthly payment with the same rate and length.

You can also email tesla finance or your delivery advisor. I did that to include my registration fees as my down payment along with getting rid of the cents in my monthly.

I'm assuming this includes the $5000 federal rebate (which is deducted at the point of sale). Does it also take into account the $8000 provincial rebate you get in Quebec?
Hey, Yes this includes 5k federal rebate. You apply for 8k provincial rebate after car delivery. You SA will give you all the required documents needed to file the rebate. ETA for 8K cheque is 1-2 months.

For anyone that purchased a vehicle from out of province, I'm curious what the process is. My SA said they would give me a transit number to be able to drive the car back to Nova Scotia from Quebec, after I get back here ( and self-isolate for 2 weeks ) what do I need to do? get the vehicle inspected somewhere like Canadian tire and then get it registered? Is there anything I can do before picking the car up?

Does Tesla provide financing at attractive rates in their used cars on their website ?

if so, what sorts of rates / terms is everyone getting ?

do they lease their used cars out too?

I asked about interest rates on used cars a little while. I thought the rates were pretty good. I don't remember exactly what they said but I think it was around 2.8%

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari