Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Naive question (I'm looking at buying my first MYLR, so I'm totally new to all this). How are you guys getting rates below 3%??? I'm guessing I missed the boat?

When I click on "Finance Options", I see 3.65% for any term below 72 months (0 down), and 3.99% for 84 or 96 months. EDD is Dec 2022.

Also, isn't it better if I just choose "Cash" now, and switch to "Financing" later (closer to my EDD), as this would only do the hard credit check closer to delivery? Looks like lots of people seem to be doing this...is the risk only that interest rates will likely be higher down the road?
Yes choose cash and when the car is close or ready have your SA change it to finance.
Rates are changing rapidly now and it is only good for 30 days while the credit check is only good for 90.

Naive question (I'm looking at buying my first MYLR, so I'm totally new to all this). How are you guys getting rates below 3%??? I'm guessing I missed the boat?

When I click on "Finance Options", I see 3.65% for any term below 72 months (0 down), and 3.99% for 84 or 96 months. EDD is Dec 2022.

Also, isn't it better if I just choose "Cash" now, and switch to "Financing" later (closer to my EDD), as this would only do the hard credit check closer to delivery? Looks like lots of people seem to be doing this...is the risk only that interest rates will likely be higher down the road?
3.99% is March rate as Bank of Canada increased the prime rate, and it might go up depending on the prime rate.
Yes chose cash option for now and once you get the VIN , you can change it to finance option. I think finance rate is good for 90 days.
And also if you chose all stock option your delivery date is going to be later than any added options like paid paint, 20 inch wheels or white interior, something to keep in mind.

Yes, sub 3% ended on Feb 1st. You can not choose anything until you are close you your EDD. rates only gets locked down for 30 days (more like till the end of next month I was told), approval for 90 days.

Hey,

I am very new with this entire process as well.

Re: interest rates, from what I've read/been told by the FA that helped me -- things like credit score and credit history play a huge role in the interest rate. Also, March 1st onwards, the interest rates increased, so everyone now is probably going to get higher rates, as compared to before. I'm sure there's more to it, but based on what I've been told, I'm sharing it with you.

When I booked my SR+ last August, my SA had asked me to keep th payment option to cash, until 2-3 weeks prior to EDD. And that was what I did. Once there were 3 weeks left, I called him and he switched it to financing for me. The whole approval process took 3-4 days for me.

I hope this helps a little. I too came into this with no knowledge, since this is my first car.

Take care!

Because my EDD hasn't changed in a while and it's set to March 14-31, I decided to go ahead and do my finance application. Got approved with Scotiabank for 96 months at 3.98% interest rate with $15K downpayment (my choice). For my current M3 SR+ RBC approved my loan.

My order: M3 LR, blue on black with aeros and no FSD.

I placed an order for white MYLR last night and there are some tasks I need to complete Including filling out registration details. It says once submitted I cannot change these information like the address. My issue is in about 6 to 8 months time (Which looks like around the time my Tesla might be delivered) I will be moving to a new house and thus I will need a new driver‘s license with a different address. Anyone knows if this would be an issue? Thanks

I placed an order for white MYLR last night and there are some tasks I need to complete Including filling out registration details. It says once submitted I cannot change these information like the address. My issue is in about 6 to 8 months time (Which looks like around the time my Tesla might be delivered) I will be moving to a new house and thus I will need a new driver‘s license with a different address. Anyone knows if this would be an issue? Thanks
no issue

Hi Everyone, my model Y long-range white originally was showing the delivery June-July but just last week it suddenly changed to the 3rd week of March so I had submitted the application on Monday for the finance online via the Tesla's preferred partner but haven't heard back. It's still showing "Credit Decision Pending" and I have just received an email to schedule the delivery arrangement so a bit worried since no word on the finance yet. Do you have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.