Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got:
Scotia | $9,100 Down | 96 Months | 6.39% | Near perfect Credit |
extra Oof. Not getting delivery for 1-2 months still so will be monitoring this thread.

I shouldn't accept it, right?
If you are within 1~2 months for delivery, accept the rate now and most likely it will be honored. Even though the terms on the website is telling rates are only secured for 30 days and acceptance for 90 days, my experience through 9 months of waiting is that they both expired at 90 days, I was able to take delivery just now with a 5.5% rate I secured from my last application back in Aug 30, without even asking, since my application is still within the 90 days, Tesla just accept all terms and rates as is.

Can anyone tell me what the process would be to throw a lump sum on a RBC loan to decrease the payments after taking delivery? Would that require a complete refinance or would RBC keep the same rate and just adjust the payments accordingly? Was going to sell my Model 3 to put towards a pending delivery for a Model Y but unfortunately I can't sell it until after taking delivery.

Can anyone tell me what the process would be to throw a lump sum on a RBC loan to decrease the payments after taking delivery? Would that require a complete refinance or would RBC keep the same rate and just adjust the payments accordingly? Was going to sell my Model 3 to put towards a pending delivery for a Model Y but unfortunately I can't sell it until after taking delivery.
The loan is open, you can just do a lump sum anytime you want.

Your monthly and interest rate stays the same. But your duration will be shorter

Reactions: Vawlkus
Figured. I'm specifically wanting to lower the monthly payment though.
The more you put down the lower the payment. Just be sure to finalize your intentions for Finance BEFORE you head to Tesla for delivery. They can't change it there (Delivery Centre)

Get ahold of your/or any TSA before delivery and tell them what you want to put down.

Also, when you log into your account, the finance sliders are accurate. You can you can play with "down payment" and see what your monthly will be.
This is actual and not when you do it on they website as that doesn't include tax and fees, under your account does.

Please what is the best and fastest way to pay Tesla for your car? ie Wire transfer, Bank draft etc?
I paid with a bank draft last time, they just grabbed the draft after we inspected and we were good. Will do it that way again this time, felt like we were more in control in the transaction — even though it was mostly financed.

I read that wire transfers are easy, but if you reject the car it can take time to get it returned.

The more you put down the lower the payment. Just be sure to finalize your intentions for Finance BEFORE you head to Tesla for delivery. They can't change it there (Delivery Centre)

Get ahold of your/or any TSA before delivery and tell them what you want to put down.

Also, when you log into your account, the finance sliders are accurate. You can you can play with "down payment" and see what your monthly will be.
This is actual and not when you do it on they website as that doesn't include tax and fees, under your account does.
Unfortunately I won't have the lump sum until after I take delivery, which is why I'm wondering how to go about applying the lump sum and lowering the monthly payments after the fact. I'll probably have to refinance I suppose.

Unfortunately I won't have the lump sum until after I take delivery, which is why I'm wondering how to go about applying the lump sum and lowering the monthly payments after the fact. I'll probably have to refinance I suppose.
And unfortunately they won't do that. Ya you'd have to get a loan from your bank, pay off the Tesla loan, and refinance. Sounds like a headache unless it's an extreme lump sum like half or something.

Good luck!

Reactions: Vawlkus
And unfortunately they won't do that. Ya you'd have to get a loan from your bank, pay off the Tesla loan, and refinance. Sounds like a headache unless it's an extreme lump sum like half or something.

Good luck!
I just spoke with RBC who confirmed that I actually can apply a lump sum and adjust the monthly payments after taking delivery, so that's a sigh of relief. Even said it can be done via online banking without calling in.

I just spoke with RBC who confirmed that I actually can apply a lump sum and adjust the monthly payments after taking delivery, so that's a sigh of relief. Even said it can be done via online banking without calling in.
Yup, i'm with RBC and when you login you can adjust your payment to be more and even change the payment frequency/date with the click of a button. I've had to change my payment to be a day early, everytime i said for a friday withdrawl it would always come out on Monday. And i rounded my payment up to a nice even number (extra just goes on the principal)..