Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you heard if Bank of Canada? Tesla does not set the rates, banks do and Canadian banks do not follow "fed". They follow Bank of Canada which has a different schedule.
fed = BoC.. ? I know Tesla doesn't set the rates. and by Tesla I meant the banks that work with Tesla i.e. RBC.. sure they wont raise the rate the day of, but it's closely related to overnight rate. idk if you really understood what I was trying to say.

Just completed my application for my Model Y and was offered 6.35% for 96 months through BMO. I was hoping for RBC since that’s who I bank with already and it would have been easier for loan management. Rates sure suck but we tend to pay down faster to reduce interest when we can.

Just completed my application for my Model Y and was offered 6.35% for 96 months through BMO. I was hoping for RBC since that’s who I bank with already and it would have been easier for loan management. Rates sure suck but we tend to pay down faster to reduce interest when we can.
After all that I have been hearing - 6.x% sounds bliss! congrats!

Did you get insurance yet? They are astronomical as well - not sure if it’s the inflation / car thefts that’s driving these numbers up

After all that I have been hearing - 6.x% sounds bliss! congrats!

Did you get insurance yet? They are astronomical as well - not sure if it’s the inflation / car thefts that’s driving these numbers up
I’m in BC so have to use ICBC for basic insurance so I got quotes this week. For full ICBC coverage it would be $2790 per year. For basic ICBC and 3rd party collision/comprehensive it would be $2491. This vehicle will be used for commuting and it costs more in BC for “more then 15km to/from work”. As a comparison our 2023 Mini Cooper SE (electric) with the same coverage is $2016 per year for full ICBC coverage.

Replacement cost insurance will be max $577 I’m told. Can’t get a 3rd party quote until I have a VIN.

I’m in BC so have to use ICBC for basic insurance so I got quotes this week. For full ICBC coverage it would be $2790 per year. For basic ICBC and 3rd party collision/comprehensive it would be $2491. This vehicle will be used for commuting and it costs more in BC for “more then 15km to/from work”. As a comparison our 2023 Mini Cooper SE (electric) with the same coverage is $2016 per year for full ICBC coverage.

Replacement cost insurance will be max $577 I’m told. Can’t get a 3rd party quote until I have a VIN.
Try BCAA once you get your VIN, for sure cheaper. If you get their membership, you'll save more than yearly fee as well.

email [email protected] and ask them to ask for a better rate or switch to RBC

Reactions: -Amanda