Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would any one happen to know if there's a difference in the loans between lenders, i.e RBC, BMO or Scotia?
I was approved for 96 months at 6.2% with RBC. I asked Tesla Finance about lower rates and they said BMO would be 6.19%.
I don't bank with any of them. I'm pretty sure all of them are open loans. But do any of them charge a penalty for early payment?
Thanks!

Would any one happen to know if there's a difference in the loans between lenders, i.e RBC, BMO or Scotia?
I was approved for 96 months at 6.2% with RBC. I asked Tesla Finance about lower rates and they said BMO would be 6.19%.
I don't bank with any of them. I'm pretty sure all of them are open loans. But do any of them charge a penalty for early payment?
Thanks!
Pretty sure you can pay off the loan early without penalty with either bank, going 72 months would get you a slightly lower rate.

Thanks!
Open loan is literally the definition of no penalty

Thanks!
Hi. Was just approved yesterday RBC 96 months at 6.20%.

Anyone recently been able to get a lower rate with Scotia for 96 months?

I have heard in the past that Scotia had lower rates than RBC.

Thanks

Dumb question....but what's the process of getting a loan through RBC, Scotia, or BMO?

I said in my order that I'll pay full cash upfront...and now that the EDD is in 2-3 weeks, how can I get this changed to a loan? And do I just call RBC and say "hey, I want a loan for $xx,xxx"? Or should I go through Tesla Financing?

Dumb question....but what's the process of getting a loan through RBC, Scotia, or BMO?

I said in my order that I'll pay full cash upfront...and now that the EDD is in 2-3 weeks, how can I get this changed to a loan? And do I just call RBC and say "hey, I want a loan for $xx,xxx"? Or should I go through Tesla Financing?
Email your tesla rep and tell them you changed your mind and to open the financing again

Hey folks,
I'm trying to apply for a loan through Tesla, anything I should take care of before applying? Do you think a down payment is a must? Mine is MYLR and thinking of getting the whole amount loaned. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. I hope I get approved for the loan (anxiety)

Hey folks,
I'm trying to apply for a loan through Tesla, anything I should take care of before applying? Do you think a down payment is a must? Mine is MYLR and thinking of getting the whole amount loaned. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. I hope I get approved for the loan (anxiety)

When is your delivery time? We're closing in on Dec which will probably be another interest bump so if your Y is coming in Dec I'd apply Nov 30th to lock in Nov's rate just in case Dec goes up - which it probably will.

At least this way you'll have the option of Nov Dec rate when it arrives.

Again what I'm hearing is another hike which is already insane at 6.76!!!

As for downpayment, that only affects your monthly. What payment can you handle easily, go from there.

I always do $0 down as I flip mine every couple years...

• Love
Reactions: Anon Huskie
I applied for financing the LR that is coming in 2 weeks and got 6.74% with Scotia. Any tips to get a bit lower?
Rates are locked - it's a rough time to get a vehicle loan in Canada. Personal banking is even worse.

Like I told someone else, I'd apply now to lock in Nov as Dec is "supposed to" go up again, probably 7%.

This way here you'll get Nov's rate.

GL

• Love
Reactions: Anon Huskie