TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Financing Two Days After Ordering?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TravMor, Aug 11, 2018.

1. TravMor

TravMor Member

I ordered my M3 on Thursday 08/09/2018 and my MyTesla account already advised me today to apply for financing. Financing is all done and approved. Did everyone else start their financing that soon? Is this a good sign that my car will be ready to delivery soon since they already had me start my financing?

2. pkodali

pkodali Member

Which Model 3 version did you order?

3. TravMor

TravMor Member

• Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
    • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    • 19’’ Sport Wheels
    • Premium Interior
    • Premium Black
    • Enhanced Autopilot

4. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Please Insert a Model 3 into Avatar

Good chance you'll be getting your vehicle within 2 weeks.

5. TravMor

TravMor Member

I sure hope you're right! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas Morning to arrive!

6. IslandGirl

IslandGirl Member

I financed the first one 3 weeks after ordering and pushed it pretty close as my delivery took two months.

This time I knew things would move a lot faster and I actually secured financing same day as configuring.

I knew I new it wowou be quick because my config was RWD and it was a day one morning reservation.

Also, a major factor is that my CU gives you 30 days to pick up check and 30 days to use it. We received our official loan docs to sign a week after delivery.

7. TravMor

TravMor Member

I did my financing directly through Tesla and so I assume since they opened MyTesla account up and said to start financing, that I would be okay to do so. If it ends up taking longer for delivery and the approval period ends before delivery, I would be pretty annoyed. You'd think they wouldn't let me start financing through them unless they knew my timing would be okay?

8. IslandGirl

IslandGirl Member

Ah, ok. I agree...it wouldn't make sense for them to open it up if they didn't think you could take delivery before the loan approval expires.

9. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

I ordered 8/7 and was contacted with a VIN and instructions to complete all the pre delivery steps the next day. I was also told I can pick the car up as early as 8/17. You probably will be able to get yours soon too

10. TravMor

TravMor Member

If my timeline is anywhere near as fast as yours, I'll be thrilled. I was told by the Tesla Dealership in Santa Barbara, CA that those of us on the West Coast are getting our cars within a 1-3 weeks because we are so close to the factory in Fremont, CA and every recent post I've seen from California owners seems to back that timeline up.

What Model and Configuration did you order, BTW?

11. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

#11 ChrisH, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    RWD LR + PUP
    MSM
    Aero wheels
    EAP

I’m in the Seattle area but the woman who gave me my test drive the day before ordering asked if I had any concerns about a December delivery (maybe she was just being super conservative and using 4 months from the delivery estimate).

I found an order tracker and it seems like almost everyone in every state is getting their cars within 10-35 days in the past few weeks (depending on the state).

It’s an interesting dynamic that makes me wonder about demand. Has Tesla fulfilled 90% of the orders of those who want LR? I guess if there are 70,000 of us and 140,000 SR waiters in the US that is a good start. Then once friends and family see our cars and learn how awesome they are, they will get a new wave of orders.

12. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Please Insert a Model 3 into Avatar

They might filled out most the demand for RWD LR, but the AWD LR is far from being filled. I feel like many RWD orders got swapped to AWD as soon as it was available.

13. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

I haven’t tracked AWD as closely but most P orders are getting fulfilled within a few weeks. Doesn’t seem like much of a backlog.

14. kengchang

kengchang Member

P is the big money maker, of course Tesla will get it filled ASAP.

15. TravMor

TravMor Member

Update: I just noticed that my option to edit my build design is already gone, two days after my order was placed. I'm gonna go ahead and take this as another good sign

16. yblaser

yblaser Member

Ordered the same configuration as you on 8/4. Applied for financing through Tesla 8/9 and got approval minutes later. On 8/10 got an email from my ISA and scheduled delivery date of 8/18.

Would expect you'll hear from your ISA in the next couple of days.

17. TravMor

TravMor Member

An 8 day gap between being reached out and scheduled delivery date? What City/State are you located in?

18. yblaser

yblaser Member

Southern California. Picking up in Costa Mesa.

19. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

I’m in WA state and was offered delivery 11 days after order.

20. Sg911

Sg911 Member

Where are they in Costa Mesa? I used to live there