Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding a Good Sales Advisor for CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the best way to find a good sales advisor? Should I try to get in touch with someone locally (I’m in the Midwest) or just ask for someone to contact me through the CPO website? I received an email from someone from Fremont when I asked for more information on a P85D that was quickly sold who I can follow up with if that’s best path.

Thanks!

What’s the best way to find a good sales advisor? Should I try to get in touch with someone locally (I’m in the Midwest) or just ask for someone to contact me through the CPO website? I received an email from someone from Fremont when I asked for more information on a P85D that was quickly sold who I can follow up with if that’s best path.

Thanks!

No one will really talk with you until you put a deposit down on a vehicle.

Once you do that an advisor is assigned. You do not get to pick one.

I was able to talk with my local used sales advisor (Sean Singh) by clicking on the "request a call" on the webpage. I asked him about the process, requested photos of the car, and confirmed the SOC of the battery with an estimated 3% loss of range over 5 years. I ran an Autocheck vehicle history report and placed a deposit just a few minutes later. I was contacted by a sales advisor (Lance Xie) from Fremont by email later that day explaining the steps needed to complete the transaction and to expect delivery in about a week. 2 days later I receive a call from Xie that the car is ready to be picked up so I requested a date and time.

Last night, I sent Xie an email to confirm the date and time, request the info of the delivery representative, request that the car be charged to at least 80%, request that Supercharging will be enabled for my drive home, request for any maintenance/repair history for the car, and determine the total amount due at delivery. I will bring a cashier's check just in case the car falls unreasonably below my expectations based on the pictures and condition described by Sean. I should have the car by the 3rd of January, but after reading a few used Tesla horror stories, I want to confirm that the car was inspected and ready to go before our appointment.

At this point, it would be nice to speak to ANY adviser. I submitted a request for a call back on a few models that I was interested in to get service history, etc. No phone call as of yet. Seems like I have to put down $2,500 just to speak to someone about potentially buying a car.

At this point, it would be nice to speak to ANY adviser. I submitted a request for a call back on a few models that I was interested in to get service history, etc. No phone call as of yet. Seems like I have to put down $2,500 just to speak to someone about potentially buying a car.

I left my Deposit on the 31st and only was able to speak on the phone / receive a email response by my advisor 1 time since then. I've called multiple times / emailed numerous times and have not received any response.

The call center in Las Vegas answers right way but they have limited information.

Reactions: GoEagles997
I just wanted to follow up to say that my appointment went smoothly. I met up with Theresa at the front desk of the Tempe, Az Delivery/Service Center and Christian had all the papers ready to sign. He let me check out the car, gave him the cashier's check, walked me through the car features and mobile app, and I was on my way home. I was in and out in less than an hour.

So it all started on Xmas Eve with the deposit and document submittal, the car was ready for delivery the day after Xmas, and it was on our driveway on Jan 3. I read about a lot of people's disappointment with snags in their process and saw a few Youtube testimonials. I made sure to be as proactive and inquisitive as I could to avoid mishaps. Here's the info and title of the reps I corresponded with during the process:

Sean Singh - Used Car Sales Advisor, Remarketing (Costa Mesa, Ca) [email protected]

Lance Xie - Inside Delivery Advisor, Remarketing, (Fremont, Ca) [email protected]

I just wanted to follow up to say that my appointment went smoothly. I met up with Theresa at the front desk of the Tempe, Az Delivery/Service Center and Christian had all the papers ready to sign. He let me check out the car, gave him the cashier's check, walked me through the car features and mobile app, and I was on my way home. I was in and out in less than an hour.

So it all started on Xmas Eve with the deposit and document submittal, the car was ready for delivery the day after Xmas, and it was on our driveway on Jan 3. I read about a lot of people's disappointment with snags in their process and saw a few Youtube testimonials. I made sure to be as proactive and inquisitive as I could to avoid mishaps. Here's the info and title of the reps I corresponded with during the process:

Sean Singh - Used Car Sales Advisor, Remarketing (Costa Mesa, Ca) [email protected]

Lance Xie - Inside Delivery Advisor, Remarketing, (Fremont, Ca) [email protected]

Great news!!! How are you loving the car!?

Great news!!! How are you loving the car!?

Well I like it just fine, but my wife is driving it from her 55-mile commute to Century City. Fortunately she goes to the office 2-3 times a week. We prefer this broken-in 2013 TMS 85 over the 2018 P100D that we test drove. Maybe it's the 19" tires or the worn in seats, but it just feels much more comfortable and tame. It's the most expensive car I've purchased, but I will say that it was worth it.