Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding Someone Close by with a Home Charging Station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Apps I have on my phone, some better than others, include:
EVgo, SemaConnect, CarStations, ChargePoint, PlugShare

PlugShare is probably the first one I'd check!

Of course, in Las Vegas, you might well have a Tesla Supercharger nearby that will tank you up quickly for a reasonable fee.

Note that with Plugshare you will need to create an account to see private charging locations, unless that has been changed.

Not sure what is expected here -- to find someone who will let you charge at their house every night? LOL (meaning lots of luck, in this case).

Reactions: dhrivnak
Mostly restating what’s already been said, but Plugshare is what you want to look at.

I have had my home charger listed on Plugshare for 5 years, never had a single person ask to use it and there are very few public stations around town. If I had someone want to stop by on a daily/weekly basis on an on-going basis, I’d tell them to go somewhere else for their recharging needs. You may be able to find a public station that is close by, but I wouldn’t expect to use someone’s personal charging station on a regular basis.

Without home charging, you would likely want to arrange charging at work or use one of the 3 Tesla Supercharger sites in Las Vegas.

Reactions: Big Earl
I have my house on PlugShare. Had a guy use it one time to charge his leaf, even gave him a ride across town.
I have used other’s chargers a few times with my Rav4. Saved me quite a bit of time.
I like to, at the very least, leave enough money to pay for the energy used.
On my plugshare I mention that I like beer. I’d prefer that over money...