Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fingers crossed, but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I picked up my Model S LR from the SC at Alexandria yesterday: very pleasant staff and walk through the car went well. I have been in some trepidation due to the various reports of substandard finish etc but so far all looks good and the car behaves as expected.
I am pleasantly surprised by the handling, as I have driven American cars many times before and have learnt not to expect European/Japanese standards, but the S is to my eyes almost up there with them.
One criticism is the lack of a printed manual - a serious shortcoming for a machine so technically advanced. I for one find absorbing information from a screen almost impossible when I can't flick from one page to another when keeping a finger on the original one. The machine is not up there with a 747 in complexity, but it's not far from it and can obviously turn into a lethal weapon in the blink of an eye so it's a trifle disturbing there's not a better manual, good though the presentation is.
I had a very good electrician install the HPWC today: excellent price and I would recommend him for anyone in the Mid Coast region.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies and JasonV
I never looked at the manual, it was all just so intuitive :)

I recommend to watch various review videos and Easter eggs on YouTube and you will quickly find that everything is very familiar. Also being in the car while it charges gives plenty of opportunity to learn the GUI. Don’t be afraid to experiment while stationary ;)

congrats and enjoy