Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire Dept Training

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon All,
I'm looking for a Tesla for fire Dept training, Not to cut up but strip to show components.
So I'm asking if anyone has a Tesla that's just missing the battery and or drive motors but has the rest
Intact. Willing to pay decent money.
Regards
Kevin

Good afternoon All,
I'm looking for a Tesla for fire Dept training, Not to cut up but strip to show components.
So I'm asking if anyone has a Tesla that's just missing the battery and or drive motors but has the rest
Intact. Willing to pay decent money.
Regards
Kevin
I don’t think anyone really owns a Tesla without a battery. You could try asking at a Tesla dealer, Calgary has a store. Would you be willing to try another EV instead?

Montreal’s FD has Nissan LEAFs (no battery, I think) for training with electric vehicles. LEAFs are also way cheaper than Teslas, if you’re looking for something cheap. I’d say you could find one in decent condition for 15000$ with battery and all, and you probably ask for it to be removed

Might check with Tesla for videos to demonstrate what you're after: I know they have training materials specifically for Fire Depts that request it.
Failing that, Rich Rebuilds does tear downs on wrecked teslas, maybe there's video there that will illustrate what you're after. I know his last project Daisy video will show just why batteries need to be handled with care.