Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Emergency Charger using a spare Tesla 24v module - SUCCESS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SUCCESS!

My mobile emergency charging setup has been verified and works.

I'm able to use:
  • Standard 24v Tesla Battery Module
  • 5kw AliExpress 24v input inverter
  • A plug bonding Neutral to Ground <-- This was the missing piece
  • Standard Tesla mobile charger
  • A power strip so I had somewhere to plug the bonding plug into. No power strip needed if your inverter has more than one outlet or you are able to internally bond neutral to ground inside your inverter

That and the pictures below say the rest.

TeslaMobileChargerInverter.jpg
TeslaMobileChargerNeutralGroundBond.jpg
TeslaMobileChargerFullSetup.jpg
TeslaMobileCharger12a.png

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
He is charging at 1kW, and the module is what ~5kWh when full? So he could get ~20 miles of charge over ~5 hours.
Not my question.

The question is more along the lines of how many kW are in the pack and then how long will that end up taking to deplete.

Or more along the lines of, yes, this can be done. No it's no really useful. 120V 15A plugs are quite easy to find.

Not my question.

The question is more along the lines of how many kW are in the pack and then how long will that end up taking to deplete.

Or more along the lines of, yes, this can be done. No it's no really useful. 120V 15A plugs are quite easy to find.
My p85 was stuck on the side of the freeway because it said I had 6% left but told me to pull over it’s shutting down … it was there for 4 days because AAA trucks for whatever reason “wouldn’t tow a Tesla”. I just needed to get less than 2 miles to a place I could charge.

That’s what spawned this