Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firearm storage model 3 [and other firearms discussion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any rocket launcher storage solutions for my M3?

dont-be-a-menace-gif-6.gif

Anyone have any rocket launcher storage solutions for my M3?

The RPG-7, similar to in your clip, is 37.8" unloaded, 52.6 inches loaded... this will actually fit unloaded in the model 3 trunk just fine, but going by the one in the chamber discussion is poor planning.

Now, if you don't need to reload, an american launcher, the single-shot M72 LAW, is a mere 26" closed and only 35" extended

Although the US military has since moved on to the swedish AT4 (40" long) many other countries still use the M72

If you really do need to carry your reloadable RPG loaded you probably need to either fold the back seats down, or do like this guy did:

Check Out This Tesla Model 3 Rear Seat Pass-Through For Skis: Video

You mean the one anybody with a 9v battery can open?

My thoughts were that the Frunk doesn't seem to be used all that much and it would be easier to securely install a safe in it than under a seat. This also would have the advantage of not impacting legroom for rear passengers or decreasing potentially valuable trunk space. Since the OP use case does not include easy access, then it does not need to be in the car.

In general, cars are pretty easy to break into. Whether it's in a Frunk, trunk, or under a seat, those locations are all very accessible to a thief. If a safe or lockbox is bolted down well with unique screws, it might at least be enough of a deterrent for the low intelligence criminal that breaks into cars.

Reactions: Timmy T.
My thoughts were that the Frunk doesn't seem to be used all that much and it would be easier to securely install a safe in it than under a seat. This also would have the advantage of not impacting legroom for rear passengers or decreasing potentially valuable trunk space. Since the OP use case does not include easy access, then it does not need to be in the car.

In general, cars are pretty easy to break into. Whether it's in a Frunk, trunk, or under a seat, those locations are all very accessible to a thief. If a safe or lockbox is bolted down well with unique screws, it might at least be enough of a deterrent for the low intelligence criminal that breaks into cars.

I think the OP was looking or a solution inside the cabin. quick stow without having to look all suspicious putting your gun away in either the frunk or the trunk. some of us already get enough attention driving this car we dont need anymore speacially when eyes may already be on you and we are trying to stow our firearms away.

Pattern and mock up is done. Got the materials. Hopefully attempt #2-3 will be meet my goal. Luckily steel is reasonably cheap.

Hey Mrcarcrazy- that photo looks like a jeep tow hitch, not a box to store a gun in the center console...
I found this thread because I would also like a solution to keep the gun secured when I am not able to carry it on my person- but within the car so as to not have to go to the trunk each time to store and retrieve it. But also to keep it from prying fingers/hands who may be doing a quick grab of loose items.

Just wondering if you had any progress on your build. Thanks.
Sadly it’s gotten pushed back on the back burner for a bit. Hopefully will be able to work on it again soon. It’s very time consuming to build each prototype. I have one staring at me. Lol. Just looked at this stuff earlier today. Too damn hot out there. Maybe in another 2-3 weeks I’ll be able to.

Also been trying to get a quality lock to put in the thing...but I spend way too much time watching lockpickinglawyer on YouTube pick every lock imaginable. So nothing is good enough.

Hey Mrcarcrazy- that photo looks like a jeep tow hitch, not a box to store a gun in the center console...
I found this thread because I would also like a solution to keep the gun secured when I am not able to carry it on my person- but within the car so as to not have to go to the trunk each time to store and retrieve it. But also to keep it from prying fingers/hands who may be doing a quick grab of loose items.
Lol missed this reply.

look beneath said tow hitch.

I’ll get back to it shortly. Don’t want to put any pics out there because it will give away what I think is a fairly clever design. If I can make one, I can get a metal shop to build me templates on a plasma table. The welding isn’t that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.